Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder No. 111 Model 40 restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2019 at 11:55pm
That has to be the nicest condition original 111-40 piston I have ever seen! Most times the edges are frayed and the seal's outer edge that contacts the inside of the compression chamber isn't so smooth and square. A little oil and no doubt it'll be good for many more years!

Kansan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 11:20am
Well Pat and BSA, I think you are both correct. I loosened the stock screw and the cocking lever now rests against the stock like it supposed to. But then on Pat's suggestion I RE-disassembled the stock and the lever and the trigger and saw that the spring anchor was not behind the entire spring. After an hour of using pointy shish kebabs (I should really flatten them on the ends!) I reset the spring anchor where it was supposed to be. I think it is now as it should be. It actually worked well the way I had it yesterday but I can see that the spring anchor is now fully seated.

And Cobalt, it's good to know that the seal is in relatively good condition. It looks and feels solid and not falling apart at all. Looks like I am good to go. What a wealth of information on this site. I thank you all again for your expertise. I can see another Red Ryder or two in my future. In fact, I'm already watching a few on eBay, haha.

ETA: BSA, I can definitely see where the slave steel rod would come in handy. That would make it a whole lot easier. Good tip for next time..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic