Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RED RYDER V1 DATE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RED RYDER V1 DATE?
    Posted: September-27-2018 at 12:27pm
Is there a way to tell if a V1 Red Ryder was made in 1940 as opposed to 1941? I have in my possession a V1, blued (what's left of it), has iron lever, adj. rear sight, peened copper plated sight band (missing forearm band), burned logo, missing top stock screw. Gun has a lot of surface rust and the top front of the stock has a repaired crack.

And what's the deal with Tom Gaylord stating the first year of production was 1939? Is this correct? Or is he splitting hairs and maybe they began to be made in '39 but not sold until '40, or what?

Thanks for any help.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 11:43am
see- http://daisymuseum.com/history.aspx . Introduced Spring of 1940. I'm not sure there is a difference between the 1940 -41 versions.
Ejwills
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 5:27pm
I agree, Ej, except that I have one with the date 5/40 carved in the stock.
Smile
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic