Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryders being made in the US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryders being made in the US
    Posted: July-15-2020 at 12:26pm
So last week I was chatting with my Daisy CS rep who I try to always deal with, and she commented that the Red Ryders were being made in Rogers! I was more than a little surprised to hear this, and I asked if she was talking about all of them, or just the commemorative/limited editions and she said it was all of them. She went on to say that when the new CS supervisor came onboard, she was allowed to go to the assembly area and put her very own Red Ryder together- how cool is THAT! 
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2020 at 6:16pm
!!!!!
Air-It-Is
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2020 at 11:34pm
That sounds positive, but I wonder where the parts are made??
Aim Straight
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2020 at 8:38am
A year or so ago I stopped at one of those "MADE IN AMERICA" stores in PA. I asked the manager why Daisy guns weren't sold there...he said "guns are made in USA but parts are from China". They did have several of the HENRY rifles.
Marv, NW OH
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2020 at 9:18am
Well, I hope the shot tubes are still solid and not with an open seam.
Air-It-Is
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2020 at 2:16pm
I wonder if some will be sold as a DIY assembly kit...?Big smile
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 12:00am
Good one JayClap.  I would definitely  buy one and use Mark's hop-up parts... 
Aim Straight
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 11:38am
Great, but i wonder if the parts are coming from somewhere  else and just being assembled here .

Ejwills.

Ejwills
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 4:10pm
Many, if not all of the parts are from China. I didn't ask, but it's a possibility that the receivers are being sent over with the shot tube and plunger assembly already installed. I'll ask about that next time we talk.

The last 2 times, the shot tubes I ordered from Daisy were made with seamed tubing. Bummed me out- the "crowns" all looked like crap. Nothing like the shot tubes I got before them.

"SEAMLESS"

WITH SEAM, 03-20 and 04-20

Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 9:54pm
That...is just sad. Could this be old stock, BC (Before China)? Thanks for the comparison pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic