Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryders being made in the US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 10:19pm
Air-It-Is
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2020 at 11:01pm
Mark, Thanks for the pics... those seamed tubes look like crap!!  They do not even look round inside!
It is a shame...
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2020 at 4:51am
I suppose the seamed shot tubes could be NOS from circa 2006. Or Daisy could have made the decision to use cheaper tubing in current production guns, maybe to help being able to sell at a profit to Walmart, who are blowing 'Ryders out the door at $25 a pop as fast as they come in. How using metal levers fits into this equation is beyond me. Whatever the reason for these lesser quality shot tubes, I agree it's a shame! 

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2020 at 11:15am
All this talk about Red Ryder shot tubes has made me reconsider my opinions.   Powerful springs, metal levers, extended LOP, custom stocks, etc.
I, as much as anyone love the mods, but at the end of the day a RR is still a plinking gun.   I hate to see quality take a step down.   On the other hand, it is hard to turn a plinking gun into a target rifle, smooth shot tube or not.   

So, I leave a heavy sigh. And I'll go put some lock washers on my Chevy and call it a Cadillac. Lol!
Air-It-Is
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2020 at 9:50pm
I agree, the rolled tubes are bad, you should put a bb in each one and a light at the end of the tunnel and see how much clearance there is.  Maybe check in a few locations.  Unless your already seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. LOL
Ride and Have Fun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic