Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rest-O-Mod custom No. 1938/27 Daisy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rest-O-Mod custom No. 1938/27 Daisy
    Posted: September-20-2020 at 9:54pm
I had the pleasure of spending a week shooting this gun, and had a ball! It's no secret I like power, but this gun- even at 200-ish fps- was addictive. I took it apart while it was here and tried a few things like different strength springs and an enlarged air tube, and it responded well to the changes. But too much spring, like my HP spring, serves no real purpose in this gun- it's forte is as a speed shooter, not as a powerhouse. Shane brought along a custom shot tube made to fit both 6mm airsoft BBs and 1/2" cork balls, and while I didn't have any cork balls to shoot, the airsoft BBs were a hoot!

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2020 at 10:15am
Mark,    Shane sent me that same gun to "test". I agree 100% with your evaluation. The gun is an example of perfect craftsmanship...in my opinion it is museum quality, and definitely one-of-a-kind. My understanding is that Shane will be building more and offering them for sale, A person could spend hours on his web site watching all his "work-shop" videos.  He has a remarkable knowledge of the Red Ryder!

Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2020 at 3:10pm
Well said, Marv. I was sad to see it go!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic