Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resurrected Model 111B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resurrected Model 111B
    Posted: April-01-2024 at 4:11am
A friend of mine, Bryan, recently picked up a crusty 111B that was in sad shape inside and out. The patina will remain, but he did use a stock he had made earlier. The scope is mounted to a Buck Rail.

Internally, it's been reborn into a "Poor Man's 499B". Many readers will recall that the "B" guns can accept a 499B abutment in place of the stock shot tube. This allows one to install a 499B shot tube. The result is an accurate, uber hard-hitting BB gun at a fraction of the cost of a 499B.

The chronograph tells the story of just how hard-hitting these conversions are. This particular gun needed a lot of work done to the compression chamber- investigating things after it shot a sub-par 350 fps, he said he "found the compression chamber slightly ovaled and extremely pitted from rust." This was addressed using "some 400 and some 600 grit wrapped around a socket attached to my drill and a big pipe jammed in there to round it out."

So from trash heap to top of the charts, this 111B lives again.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2024 at 8:44am
DOUBLE U, OH, DOUBLE U. WOW! Nothing I like better than seeing an old beauty saved from the landfill.   (Well, almost nothing)
Good job. Even the stock looks great.
Russ
Air-It-Is
Bryno View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2024 at 9:08am

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Certainly proof of concept out of all of the things you can do to these wonderful contraptions this is probably the most cost-effective (20$) and yields the best results as long as you don't mind single shot. Personally I can see I'm already going to save money on BB s. FYI I added a spacer to the stock Red Rider spring my guess is on a nice warm day when this thing's broken it'll shoot 450.

Good Plinking
Bryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic