Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse cockers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse cockers
    Posted: May-06-2017 at 8:13am
Also called cock on closing and cock on return stroke. These are interesting to me. I don't know how the cocking mechanism works, though. There is a low resolution rendering of one model HERE. Anyone know of a better detailed photo or explanation of how this system works? Maybe a list of all the Daisy models that used reverse cocking? I read a thread somewhere about this but it wasn't clear to me.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 4:18pm
It is mystery to me as well. Looking forward to the answer.

Another question is WHY? Some models were made both ways.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 6:01pm
Gary, it must be a mystery to the community at large and not just us, judging by the lack of responses!

The question of "why" is also interesting. Maybe it was an attempt to keep the lever from slamming closed on kids' fingers?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 7:47pm
May have been a way to decrease the cocking effort for a kid. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 9:56pm
I have a super buzz barton 103 which is reverse cocking. I know the plunger case connects to the sear when cocked and on the return the sliding block is pushed forward to put full tension on the mainspring. Not sure if it clicks in place or the lever holds it in place. I am going to install new seals soon so I'll find out exactly how it works.
Be Independent!
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 10:57pm
The lever actually holds the sliding block in place to complete the cocking.
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic