Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RR 111-40 power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2018 at 6:28pm
When I put in the old seal it stayed in place when I was cocking the lever a few times so I'm hopeful it'll work better. And yeah I actually had a metal pipe the was the perfect diameter that I was able to to to tap the seal down, I just pushed it down until it stopped and when I looked down the barrel it looks like it's all the way against the abutment. All this assembly and disassembly has me wishing I could make a real plunger spring tool. Would make life so much easier. You have any tips for that kind of tool?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2018 at 3:17am
Bryan, this is a reprint of a post made some time ago, there maybe something that you can use.

I made a spring compressor from a piece of scrap wood and two lengths of steel rod. It is shown below.

Specs:

The wood is 1-1/2" x 5/8" x 10" long. I smoothed the end and edges for ease of handling.

The rods are 5/32" diameter (1/8” would work fine, too.), having >/= 6-1/2" exposed length.

The rods are inserted into drilled holes that are ~1" deep and JB Weld holds them in place.

This is one made from a cheap spark plug socket:

Below are spring compressors of a different type- they compress the plunger spring for installing the plunger seal. This was made from inexpensive hardware that many folks will already have:

An innovative plunger tube assembly compressor:

To make compressing the plunger spring easier when it’s time to reinstall the plunger assembly, I use a 13/16" OD washer with an ID large enough to fit easily over the plunger tube to give the tool something more than just the end of the spring to purchase on. The washer goes on the tube first followed by the spring then the wiper and piston. If you don't have any such washers on hand, I found some that were a perfect fit while rummaging through the hardware drawers at my local Ace hardware. IIRC they were in the bushing area. Cost was like a nickel each.

Bryan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 4:32pm
Awesome I'll have to try making a the tool using some rods. I tried to make on out of a piece of pipe but the sides get stuck on the spring in the gun. Definitely need a better tool for all this work I've been doing
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 5:16pm
Forgot to add, the cheapest "store bought" tool is $12 delivered, looks like it should work fine unless the spring was stronger than OEM. He also has a couple different models.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-1894-Spittin-Image-Plunger-Fork-Tool-for-Plunger-Removal-Fits-more-Models/191881893491 
Bryan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2018 at 4:18pm
Ok cool I'll check them out. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic