Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RR Logo placement on stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RR Logo placement on stock
    Posted: September-27-2020 at 4:32pm
Where can one find information on which years or models the REd Ryder logo was placed on the different sides of the  stock? Right side or left side?
And, what about the signature?

Marv, NW OH
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 5:05pm
I know it happened some time in the early 70's when they made the so called reproduction Red Ryder's
Stevec
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 10:04pm
I agree with Stevec. This is what I wrote in my notes on this gun:

"The LH logo stock was used exclusively on the No. 1938 Red Ryder Carbine until 1974 when RH logo appeared. Both LH and RH logo stocks were used during 1974 and 1975. By 1976 only RH stocks are seen."

For anyone not familiar with this version of the Red Ryder, this is the one that is fairly close to the original 111-40 Red Ryder and not to be confused with the later 1938B.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 12:51pm
Mark,  Did some checking on my Red Ryders. All the 111 Mod 40s have LH logo and the signature. I have two with stocks that appear to be Oak.  All of those models with plastic forearms have the LH logo and signature. I have six of the 1938 Carbines...four have LH and two are RH,...all have the varnish finish and none have signatures. 
Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 3:23pm
Yeah, there are significant differences between the 111-40 stock and the No. 1938 stock.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic