Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad Story
    Posted: September-10-2019 at 3:07pm
Just now ordered the new Red Ryder Commemorative 80th anniv from the Daisy Museum.
$34.99 for the gun...not a bad price....BUT $23.23 postage !!!! WOW

Almost makes me want to go to Walmart and buy one for $24.95 and use a magic marker and make my own!
Marv, NW OH
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 5:24pm
Hey Marv
They are not some real big company that can afford things like free shipping. I have sold some rifles lately and it isn't cheap to ship things. Consider the fact that they have to ship all over the place. I could go on but I think you get my drift
Stevec
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 7:23pm
Post Office and competitors have instituted new pricing called dimensional pricing.   Essentially, the shipping cost is not only a factor of weight, but also the dimensions of the package.  Any dimension over 17" tend to get pricy.

Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by MarvMar MarvMar wrote:

Just now ordered the new Red Ryder Commemorative 80th anniv from the Daisy Museum.
$34.99 for the gun...not a bad price....BUT $23.23 postage !!!! WOW

Almost makes me want to go to Walmart and buy one for $24.95 and use a magic marker and make my own!
Several times I have wanted to buy a few things from them and when I get to the check out, shipping has turned me away every single time. If anyone can justify $13.82 for shipping a $2.99 medallion 700 miles, I'd like to hear it.
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 11:41am
I purchased their last 130th yesterday, by phone, They offered to reimburse some of the shipping. Give them a call, they may do that for you.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 2:04pm
Shipping has become a big factor  when buying or selling . I agree with Steve but I still cant see how they justify the shipping cost, even with the  mark up in handling fees. BSA GUY has a good point regarding the change in the pricing  for the new dimensional cost. THEY  GET YOU COMING OR GOING.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 5:21pm
Who is that Daisy parts place that charges an arm and leg even to ship just a seal. AG or something like that. They have been doing it for years. That is on them. I still believe that Daisy does the best they can.Go ship something and see what happens. On average it cost me 15 to 20 dollars to ship a rifle and that is only for a distance of a couple of states away from where I live. I live in TN and shipping to the north west states is brutal 
Stevec
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

Who is that Daisy parts place that charges an arm and leg even to ship just a seal. AG or something like that. They have been doing it for years. That is on them. I still believe that Daisy does the best they can.Go ship something and see what happens. On average it cost me 15 to 20 dollars to ship a rifle and that is only for a distance of a couple of states away from where I live. I live in TN and shipping to the north west states is brutal 
Stevec

It's JG Airguns, Steve.  I had quite a spirited discussion with the owner's daughter a coupe of months ago about shipping charges. They charged me $17 for shipping some very small parts that they could have shipped for $2.76.  Total rip-off and they were 100% unapologetic about it.
Be Prepared
BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2019 at 1:51am
I had similar experience with the lady at JG, and the shipping of my order a couple of months ago. Also, their stock of parts, seems to be getting smaller all the time. Don't seem to be restock anything.

Maybe the end is near  for them. I hope some can pick up the slack and get into the vintage airgun parts business.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2019 at 4:53pm
Heather Rowan is who you spoke with. John just got back from an airgun show with more parts. It's catch as catch can when dealing with obsolete airgun parts. No one I am aware of has the amount of stock for as many different airguns as JG. 

I am only concerned with what the total cost is, to my door. How much each of us are willing to pay is a personal decision. But I'm very glad to have JG Airgun as a possible source when I am looking for something. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic