Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2019 at 11:45pm
I deal with JG, and the trick is to wait until you have a large order. Then it is more cost effective. I do wish they had more of an understanding for small orders, but I don't walk in their shoes and there may be a good reason.  
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2019 at 1:29pm

Don't get me wrong, I agree with last couple of posts. JG is a great seller to have and a great resource for hard to find Daisy parts. Just the shipping can be a bit pricey, compared to other sellers. The shipping for a couple of parts for an air rifle, is normally more than buying the whole rifle from other sellers.

Just looks to me like their supply of older parts, esp. exterior parts in really good condition, seem to be getting smaller.

But it may be that there just aren't that many vintage daisy parts around anymore.

Let's hope they can find the parts to restock.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2019 at 3:58pm
JG's shipping- when taken alone- IS high. But it's the total combined cost of the part including shipping that we are concerned with. If you look at the cost of their parts, on average they are cheaper than almost anything I see on ebay when comparing TOTAL costs.

My biggest complaint with JG is the descriptions are sometimes lacking. There may be three different "levers" (just an example) for the same gun but no description to judge the exact application. And you don't know what the actual part you will receive looks like. But when you have literally thousands of parts- from screws, pins and springs all the way to barrels, receivers, stocks, etc. I understand photographing every single thing they stock is just plain impossible short of making it a 24/7/365 job in and of itself.

So they are far from perfect. But like has already been said- I'm glad to have them as a resource.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic