Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screw in stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screw in stock
    Posted: April-26-2022 at 9:37pm
I have a rr daisy with unpainted aluminum lever all wood, my question is. There is a screw in the stock about one inch or so at the very top one inch or so from metal. Anyone with and idea on what it is for
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2022 at 1:19am
Just a wild guess, but could be from a 25 type rear scope mount for a model 300 scope? Check for witness marks on the barrel shroud a little forward of the forearm, that's where the front scope mount was located. It is a sort of claw mount.

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2022 at 9:31am

The rear mount for the 300 scope on my Model 39 carbine has the screw hole about 2 inches down from the metal frame. Maybe in your case they were fixing a split or crack that was very common in that area.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2022 at 5:17pm
Sounds like Zippers answer might be the answer as I have seen that a lot
Stevec
Kenjo7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 5:29pm
since there is no stock damage  , i belive zipper and cobalt are right also  . now i need some help, the air tube broke off at where it connects to plunger , one, can another air tube be purchased and installed. the plunger and spring are not that bad of shape, or would it be better to replace with a new assembly. l need another abutment seal also those crimps look like they could be fun. thanks  111-40   y 46-47
Old george View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 6:49pm
You can buy new high speed Main spring from Mark at Cobalt 327 and 7/64 over bored air tube and go to restomod Daisy on you on YouTube and you can look up how to make a tool to compress the mainspring very simple to do I have restored around 10 or 12 different models of Daisy BB guns very simple job the hard part is just cleaning them you got to get a brush that will fit down the barrel and and do you got a chamber area how good do your electric drill and you can clean it really easy it's not that hard just time consuming you can order the seals from eBay God bless have a great day
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Kenjo7 Kenjo7 wrote:

since there is no stock damage  , i belive zipper and cobalt are right also  . now i need some help, the air tube broke off at where it connects to plunger , one, can another air tube be purchased and installed. the plunger and spring are not that bad of shape, or would it be better to replace with a new assembly. l need another abutment seal also those crimps look like they could be fun. thanks  111-40   y 46-47
There's a recent thread that talks about replacing a broken air tube. It is regarding a model 107, but the air tube OD is the same: Air tube soldering.

Kenjo7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2022 at 5:27pm
thanks for the imput , cobalt i believe thats what it is ,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic