Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling 5 4 Daiseys, 1 Sears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NativeNewEnglander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling 5 4 Daiseys, 1 Sears
    Posted: May-30-2018 at 11:42am
Hello. I just now signed up on this site so if my posting is messed up, my apologies. Doesn't appear to be the easiest site I've ever signed up on. Anyway, I know not a thing about these guns. I just acquired all and wish to sell as a lot for best offer. You can't just sell on eBay or most other venues so here I am. I'll list each one with any additional info I can come up with. All have been used, in used condition, no boxes, and believe all to be in working order. Here goes.
1) Daisy Powerline 880, rifled barrel, 177 Cal(4.5mm),bb Cal, Rogers,AR, USA- good condition overall, lever
2) Daisy model 1894 bb gun, Wells Fargo Commemorative, lever,
3) Daisy Powerline 856 .177 Cal pellet, bb Cal, Eagle, all black with Eagle in gold writing on side.
4) Daisy Powerline 880, .177 Cal, bb Cal, rifled barrel, with Tasco 4x15 scope mounted. This appears to be nicest gun of all.
5) Sears Roebuck, model # 79919030, real wood stock, design on side of geese in flight. Lever.

As I said, I don't know a thing about them or what their worth. Hoping someone can give me an idea of what a fair price is for all 5 and someone buy them. I will ship( you pay) and will be packaged well. Not sure if this is allowed so delete if not but you can email me at address I gave, or text me at 207-468-9751. Thank you very much for your help! And btw...if you email or text me, I will send pics that way back to you. Thanks.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2018 at 1:10pm
NNE, I just sent you an email. Not an offer to buy, just some info.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2018 at 1:40pm
Hello and welcome. 

The Blue Book of Airguns is what I usually use for hints on prices.  It seems to give a reasonable sense of scale.  It gives values at a couple of different levels of goodness, from nearly perfect to really rough.  I took a glance in there, and this is what I found, assuming they're perfect (value goes down pretty quickly if not):

Daisy 856 Powerline as described: $40

Daisy 880: There are 2 generations and 4 types.  The value varies pretty greatly depending on if it has a metal receiver and metal pumping arm (first gen, first type), just a metal receiver (first gen second type), and has a metal or fiber optic sight (distinguishes between old and new versions).  The new version is $45, +$5 for the scope (Model 880s).  Metal sights but plastic receiver and lever (normal first gen) is $65.

1894 Wells Fargo: The collectibles tend to be very condition sensitive, as usually the people looking for them are looking for one that's as good as it can be.  The book says $350 for a perfect one, and $205 to $160 for what you're more likely to find.

Near as I can tell, the Sears 79919030 is a Sears J C Higgens branded version of the Daisy 141 Defender.  The book doesn't call out the Sears version, but the wood stock on that makes it a little special. The 141 itself itself is valued about $150, but that wood stock adds another 50%.  Again, assuming it is in really great shape.  Looking around I found a listing for one that sold, granted with a plastic stock, but for $95.  That's the trouble with pricing these things.. they're worth exactly what someone will pay for them! And the Higgens version is likely worth less than the Defender version.

Another way to value guns like this is to pay attention to sites like gunbroker and ebay, and see what they're being listed at, but more importantly what they're being sold for.

If you want to send me pictures I can try to take a guess at what the book would adjust the values to based on condition.  But it isn't like I'm some kind of expert.. I'm just a guy with the book ;)  Ltssvn@gmail, if you want.

Best of luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic