FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
daisyfan104 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyfan104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2020 at 8:29pm
Gary Garber = daisybbgunner@aol.com = DaisyFan104 on eBay.
Long-time member of the forum.  At one time, the Museum asked to be the site monitor and I did that for a while.  It was at a time when bots were hard to keep of the site.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:34pm
I agree with  Gary and Dennis on this one. I would open them up "carefully" and make the buyer comfortable the guns are in good shape.  6 years ago I moved and had all my Daisy's stored for 4 months in a Temp and Humidity controlled storage unit.  All 7 of the Daisy's in boxes rusted up on me in areas that touched the box.   I wouldn't buy a sealed boxed Daisy that is over a year old..   Just me, I guess from my bad experience...  Rick
Aim Straight
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:22pm
I met Gary once and one of my rifles was mentioned in his book. Matter of fact my name was mentioned in those who contributed section, me be famous LOL. I thought he lived in Ga or the Carolinas at the time.
Stevec
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2020 at 5:16pm
  I believe this is Gary, I just bought an Encyclopedia from him and we talked to each other.  He may have shut down the account or started another one just recently.  His old profile name was DaisyBBgunner  and he lives in Tennessee.   The new one might be  Daisyfan104.  You might have to wait until he reveals himself on the site.  Kind of like being The Red Ryder or The Lone Ranger and not knowing his real identity.
Keep On Plinking
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2020 at 12:41pm
Steve, [not sure this is the Gary in reference] Gary Garber joined in 2004.
Ejwills.
Ejwills
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2020 at 5:47pm
If this is really Gary I am surprised at your join date and I thought you were from some where different then TN
Stevec
daisyfan104 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyfan104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 10:26pm
If I was interested in buying a certain gun, I would want to see photos of the gun.  You could mention in the ad that the box had only been opened for the purpose of taking photos.
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 6:43pm
Stevec
    The problem I ran into on new guns still in the box that are blued have a habit of rusting on the side of the barrel and the receiver.  The Red Ryders were more likely to do it.  Usually it was the side touching the box that it happened on.  Painted guns not so much.  What state did they come from, how were they stored, southern states with high humidity were the worst.  I know that collectors love to have that box still stapled and in mint condition.  It drives me crazy to not know the condition of the gun and to hold it and look at it or hang it up for a while.  I bought one that the seller said if you want me to open it and inspect it before shipping then he would and I did.  You could give that option to the buyer but the thing is who knows the condition of the gun sitting for 10, 20 or more years and still stapled in the box.  Just my thought on new old stock still sealed.
Keep On Plinking
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 5:13pm
Sorry,no
Stevec
Roe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 7:52am
hi any of them Arkansas Can opener? Please let me know. Thank you 
R. Nucatola
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic