Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shot tube for Model 111

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblerdryver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shot tube for Model 111
    Posted: February-01-2018 at 9:06pm
Recently bought a Red Ryder Model 111-40 from late 1940's. Came with a "parts gun", which turned out to be a non-Red Ryder 111 made in Rogers, AK. It's rough but works, except it was missing the shot tube (takes same tube as the Red Ryder Model 111-40 and Red Ryder 94. So figured if I could get a used shot tube for it, another gun to play with. Turns out those shot tubes aren't made anymore and they aren't readily available on eBay. So...got to thinking...wonder if I could cut down a model 25 shot tube to fit (I have a couple old ones)? Turns out it's not necessary to cut them down! They will screw into the gun far enough for the front end to pilot in the barrel! Tried it out and it seems to work fine!  I suppose I'm not the first to discover this, which brings up the question...any mechanical reason not to do this? Like damage to....? Value wise, this gun I'm sure will never be much of a collectors item. The new style model 25 shot tube works even better, as the the front pilot end is a bit deeper. ???
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 8:45am
Hey Rambler,
Yours is just another example of the missing shot tube saga. If you are not trying to "Restore" the piece but just want to have a good plinker, I say use what you've got. I have a couple new model 25 shot tubes for just this type of scenario. I've made what I like to call Frankenrifles and the fun lives on! Enjoy the feeling of salvaging the parts gun and bringing it back to life!
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic