Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring Pistols?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Pistols?
    Posted: February-04-2018 at 2:39pm
I've always like the concept of the spring pistol. I have a few such as the Daisy 179, Marksman 1010 etc. They seem like a good set-up for short range type shooting, I especially like the repeater type versions. I have not tried the Daisy 304, but it seems to get decent reviews for what it is. I have several great Co2 powered pistols ,but I still like the simplicity of the spring versions. I see Umarex and Crosman came out with their version of the Marksman as well. Any of you have a particular vintage or modern spring repeater you have had good luck with?
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 10:26pm
Daisy Targeteer is great! Lot of fun! Ammo is hard to find though!
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours!!!
ramblerdryver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblerdryver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2018 at 11:51pm
I have a Daisy 188 pistol, which I like real well. "Feels nice" when holding it. Question: what's the "target distance" for this gun...that is, what's the distance it can shoot with acceptable accuracy?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 1:14am
I'd keep it around 10 yards or less.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 8:56am
The 188 is fun to plink with. The Marksman's (I like the old metal ones best) are good practice for racking the slide if you have a semi-auto powder burner. I have never shot a 304 but suspect it would be similar.
At 10-30 feet against pop cans they do well. Much further and you need to adjust the elevation accordingly.
Gary
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 5:23pm
I have a 118 and they are nice, recently picked up the umarex browning buck mark pellet pistol, and it is also very nice, easy to cock very accurate and only about $50 (it's a mini-springer). For those of you with the Marksman, it can be made more accurate, I gently squeezed the casting around the magazine so it tightens up the slop in a vice, and use pellgun oil on the little barrel gasket to get a better seal. It made it shoot much straighter.Smile
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 5:52pm
I have a lot of fun with my D 118 and a D bell target. Makes the winter go by a little easier.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by rexron911 rexron911 wrote:

Daisy Targeteer is great! Lot of fun! Ammo is hard to find though!
Try purchasing #6 shotgun rounds; they work pretty good. Oh, you have to open the end and pour out the shot.Confused

semper fi
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 3:54pm
You can buy it in 25lb bags from reloading suppliers!
Gary
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2018 at 6:30pm
The Umarex D17 is an improved version of the Marksman, but not by much. For $17 it's pretty consistent on cans at about 15 ft. and is a usable pistol. My old Marksman sprays bb's all over, but not bad at about 10 ft. What Daisy pistol is the .177 version of the 118?.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic