Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sring break barrle pellet gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masteryoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sring break barrle pellet gun
    Posted: June-17-2005 at 8:27am
do i need to change the spring on my pellet gun?
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 9:08am

I never have on any of mine, but if it is very old or rusty you probably should, so it will take away the chance of it possibly breaking and it will increase the power.

Dustin

masteryoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masteryoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 11:35am
no i just bought it a few months ago. it's a daisy powerline 1000s with a scope. winchester. it goes at 1000 fps so can i make it go any faster? and what kind of animals can i hunt with this gun?
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 1:51pm

Uhh, I'm not really a pro on Air Gun hunting but I would say easily squirrls, most birds, probably rabbits (get hollow point hunting pellets, they expand on contact).

As for the spring, I highly doubt that you will get it much faster without a lot of hassle and money. 1000fps is super fast, my fastest gun in my collection (close to 75) is 600fps and that is crazy. New Red Ryders are only 280 fps, so yours is about 4 times that. I doubt you will be able to find a bigger spring for it, and if you were able to, it isnt really worth it...in my opinion. 1000fps w/hunting pells will basically knock down any small game animal. But dont go deer hunting with it, lol.

Dustin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masteryoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 2:52pm

THANKS MAN.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masteryoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 3:05pm
 can i put a bi-pod on my gun or do you think the break barel will not cock because the bi-pod is on the way?
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 4:10pm

Not really sure, you'd have to do some measurements, but I think they make ones that retract when not in use so that they are smaller. Check Ebay and I'm sure you'd find one. The only problem w/a bipod is that on breakbarrels your suppose to let the gun vibrate freely to make to most velocity, at least thats what I've heard. If you hold it to tight it wont vibrate causing the gun to loose power or something. But you can always try it, you can probably find a bipod on Ebay for a few dollars, so if it dosent work its not that big of a loss.

Dustin

RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 1:11pm

You could still boost the power. but not by much. You get it to about 1250fps like the gamo hunter 1250. you just have to find out what kind of a spring your airgun has inside and get a longer one. As for hunting with 1000fps youn can knock anything down from squirrels, raccoons, oppossums fox etc... anything with in that size range will go down easy.

two years ago i got a crosman RM422 .22 caliber airgun. It's a break barrel. and it was only rated for 500-530fps. i was taking down squirrels and rabbits from 100 feet with it. I just recently changed the parts in it and put in an oversized spring with a new piston and seals. i boosted the power to somewhere around 800fps. now from 30-40 feet it will go 1 1/2 inches into a 2x4 so in other words almost straight through.

You can do any small game hunting with any airgun 300fps+.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masteryoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 4:26pm
i bought my new speing this baby is shooting 1250fps!!!!!!it will blow a squirrle in half!!. i bought the new spring at some outdoor place close to my house. can't wait to go hunting with it!!
RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2005 at 3:56am
You should chrony it and see exactly how fast your rifle is going. 1250fps is more than enough for a squirrel. you can kill them from a pretty far distance with that kind of power. With my close to 800fps RM422 .22 cal it goes through squirrels like butter. in one side and out the other from anywhere with in 100 feet. i have never tried a farther distance but i will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic