Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sring break barrle pellet gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rslee81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 6:29pm
[QUOTE=masteryoda] i bought my new speing this baby is shooting
1250fps!!!!!!it will blow a squirrle in half!!. i bought the new spring
at some outdoor place close to my house. can't wait to go hunting with it!![/
QUOTE]

Killing animals for fun is such a pathetic and deplorable thing to do. What
have the animals done to you? Nothing that warrants them being shot to
death with pellets. Shoot target pads or clay - not animals.
RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 2:18am

Since when are animals being shot to death with pellets? One shot and they are down. I can hardly call that being shot to death.

One Shot, One Kill
rslee81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rslee81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 3:45am
Originally posted by RM422 RM422 wrote:

Since when are animals being shot to death with
pellets? One shot and they are down. I can hardly call that being shot to
death.

If you shoot at the animal, and it dies, then it was shot to death.
RM422 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 2:37pm

Yes ok I see what you are saying I can't argue with that. But if it takes one shot to kill it then it is not dieing slow painful death.  Even though I didn't start this thread I'm going to say if you have a problem with hunting please keep it to yourself or discuss it elswhere without polluting some elses thread. Thanks.

One Shot, One Kill
bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 5:38am
If you want to hunt something, why not join the army. You could then shoot at something that shoots back and have more fun. Then you could lay there wounded and think about all the animals you have killedl 
bilbo
Bent Barrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bent Barrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 2:10pm

OH NO! dont tell me that PETA has infiltrated this forum! As a hunter, all i have to say is PETA= Preparing Edible Tasty Animals. BTW ......I do pay for my hunting license and WMA permit so i can pellet to death and prepare those tasty varmints and probably will till local supermarkets start stocking squirrel in the " meat section" . And please read carefully the following link and thank you for your support in the sport of hunting.http://federalaid.fws.gov/wr/fawr.html

What I used to do all day now takes me all day to do.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 10:16am
I am curious. What effect did adding the new spring and shooting supersonic have on your group size. There is a lot of turbulance when a round crosses the sound barrier in either direction, so I would assume that your donw-range accuracy should have dropped.
Ryansgotagun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryansgotagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by RM422 RM422 wrote:

You could still boost the power. but not by much. You get it to about 1250fps like the gamo hunter 1250. you just have to find out what kind of a spring your airgun has inside and get a longer one. As for hunting with 1000fps youn can knock anything down from squirrels, raccoons, oppossums fox etc... anything with in that size range will go down easy.

two years ago i got a crosman RM422 .22 caliber airgun. It's a break barrel. and it was only rated for 500-530fps. i was taking down squirrels and rabbits from 100 feet with it. I just recently changed the parts in it and put in an oversized spring with a new piston and seals. i boosted the power to somewhere around 800fps. now from 30-40 feet it will go 1 1/2 inches into a 2x4 so in other words almost straight through.

You can do any small game hunting with any airgun 300fps+.

Hey Im new here and I was reading this thread yesterday and found it it interesting.  But tonight Im deeply disturbed, I came home from work and discovered an oppossum tearing up my trash.  It went up a tree about 20yards away and sat there so I went straight inside and got the big one, my shadow, well needless to say Im not that bad of a shot and I plugged this thing like 8 or 9 times in the head and a couple times in the shoulder area.  Then it climbed down the tree and  sat there for a minute bleeding profusely from its head and I nailed it once more in the head and one to the middle of its body.  After all that it goes tromping off into a drainage pipe and I never saw it again.  So are oppossums just really tough or what, that was like 12 or 13 .177 pellets at 1000 feet per second at a range of 20yds, I actually had to go back in to reload my pocket w/pointed pellets after shooting it w/the match pellets in the head.
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2006 at 4:20pm
.177 caliber pellets dont do a whole lot of damage to tell you the truth. Dont know the last time I seen a .177 cal firearm  The .177 pellet wont do to much damage (shoot your gun at a piece of wood and notice how small the hole is), especially to a somewhat large and VERY tough animal (those things are nasty). It's kinda like shooting a deer with a .22...it just aint gonna work. Get a .22 air rifle then you got something that might knock one of them things over. FPS doesnt always mean it is gonna kill something, the caliber is what does it IMO.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 8:35am

17 HMR actually has a slightly smaller diameter than a .177 pellet. I believe there are any number of holow point pelets made for hunting with .177. Maybe the problem with taking out the opossum was that you were blowing through the animal rather than delivering all the kenetic energy into the critter.

Maybe a heavier grain hollow point will help avoid this problem. I know for a fact that a .20 from an old sheridan would have dropped your opossum where it stood.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic