Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger-Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs
    Posted: May-20-2012 at 8:24pm
Unhappy
Hello everyone- this is my first post. I have read that the model co2 200/300 are noted "leakers", but am wondering
if any owners of these models have or had theirs successfully repaired from leaking when inserting new co2 cartridges?
I contacted Daisy customer service about getting a new set of seals, and was notified that production ceased in 1976,
and that any remaining parts were depleted by the early '90s.
Daisy offers a pretty nice trade-in discount on a few of their currently produced co2 pistols, but why would they want
a non-functioning airgun that they have no repair parts for? Hmm- makes me wonder.
Where ever you go, there you are!
bilbobaggins View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbobaggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2012 at 10:27am
Those early Daisy co2's. were leakers from day one. I ,took a modle 1200 apart, inside was a piece of junk. Just get a new Daisy and hang the 200/300 on the wall. 
BB
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2012 at 7:00pm
Amen; the Daisy Model 200 is a junker; Daisy is offering the trade in allowance as a way of making amends for producing such a foul product.  By sending it in, it reduces the population of olde guns that they have to make amends for, right?
semper fi
Trigger-Happy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger-Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:03pm
Okay, so what makes them "junkers"? Poor Design? Poor workmanship? What exactly? I've owned my
200 for about 44 years, and while it currently won't retain CO2 pressure any longer,
I don't consider it to be junk, though maybe it is. I definitely have gotten my $ worth out of it,
and no, it did not leak from day one. If it's just a matter of replacing some faulty
seals or other parts to fix the leaking, it seems that some aftermarket company would be
producing repair parts if there were enough demand for them, since Daisy no longer provides
parts availability for them.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 9:41pm
Hi:  It is a junker in the sense that it is non repairable; it does not have seals.  Amen.
semper fi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger-Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 1:14am
willielumplump: What makes you say that it is "non-repairable"? Back in the early '70s, I returned my CO2 200 to Daisy,
and not only did they repair it  from leaking, but they also re-blued it and replaced the hand grips, all for a very
nominal charge of $12.00, so I don't think you know what you're talking about. Of course now that parts are no longer
available, it may now be considered non-repairable, but it was repairable at least in the past!
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 3:05pm
Willie knows his ways around these guns pretty well, chances are good that he's right.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 6:13pm
"Back in the early 70s" was about forty years ago; the Model 200 does not have SEALS; inquire of any reputable air gunsmith and you will get the same answer...the Daisy Model 200 is non-reparable.  Amen.

But.  If you click on Ask on your browser, and then type in "Repair of Daisy Model 200" you should discover a series of blogs pertaining to the Model 200 and a discussion of repairs, said discussions resulting in negative results.  So it you want to experience a nervous break down, try repairing one of those beauties.   Mention is made of "seals" however my air gunsmith indicates they are not seals, but a series of 0-rings; I am not a air gunsnmith so I take the word of air gunsmiths schooled in that art. Double Amen.
semper fi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trigger-Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

"Back in the early 70s" was about forty years ago; the Model 200 does not have SEALS; inquire of any reputable air gunsmith and you will get the same answer...the Daisy Model 200 is non-reparable.  Amen.

But.  If you click on Ask on your browser, and then type in "Repair of Daisy Model 200" you should discover a series of blogs pertaining to the Model 200 and a discussion of repairs, said discussions resulting in negative results.  So it you want to experience a nervous break down, try repairing one of those beauties.   Mention is made of "seals" however my air gunsmith indicates they are not seals, but a series of 0-rings; I am not a air gunsnmith so I take the word of air gunsmiths schooled in that art. Double Amen.

Well, you may call them O-rings and I refer to them as seals, but judging by this link's images, (examine the last image
on the page closely) there doesn't appear to be any O-rings whatsoever, but some rather elaborate seals:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1199248471/Daisy+200+Update

mercabago55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercabago55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2012 at 6:42am
OK I have read all this and the most of the comments are that they are junk and cannot be fixed however I am a stubborn old man and I fix a lot of junk,stuff that others throw away.(Nobody Fixes anything anymore) Just need some hints how do you get to the seals,"o" rings or whatever is in the main housing.I have got a C02 200 and a nice CO2 300 Rifle that I do not want to junk or hang the wall, I want to use them to tick off the Squrriles. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic