Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas Ranger/Box & Tube of BBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas Ranger/Box & Tube of BBs
    Posted: March-07-2019 at 5:17pm
I am still searching for a Model 5694 (Plastic Stock) Texas Ranger Rifle with the Box, etc. and the short tube of BB's that came with the Daisy Bulls Eye Target Pistol Set.  This is the short tube with the red cap and bb's lithographed on the tube.  If you have either of these you would consider selling or know of any leads for either of these, I would really appreciate any assistance.  Thanks! 
daisyaddiction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 12:47am
Do you mean the metal tubes  of BBs for the 118 pistol ?
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 10:08am
No.  They are the small, half paper tube, that has a red cap.  The paper tube is lithographed with a picture of copper bbs with a red banner that has Daisy on it.  It is shown on page 366 of Gary Garber's book "An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns.  These tubes only came with the Daisy Bull Eye BB Target Pistol Set.  This apparently is why they are so rare and seldom show up separately.  In fact, most of these Bulls Eye Sets do not even have them in it.

Again, if anyone on this site knows of anyone who has a tube or two of these bbs or the Texas Ranger with Box or happens to stumble across either of these, please contact me.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks to everyone.  Have a Great Day!   

Star

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 1:03pm
Here are some pictures of the Daisy Bulls Eye pistols with the tubes of bb's. The first 2 are Plymouth guns and the tubes are marked Plymouth. The last one is from Rogers with Rogers marked tubes. Those red tubes are real hard to find.

Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 4:13pm
Thank you for posting those sets.  Yes!  The one on the left indeed has the elusive red cap tubes that I am searching for.  I also have a Plymouth MI set exactly like the one on the right with the blue cap tubes (they also say Plymouth MI).  I have all the documentation (Warranty, Shootin'Fun Catelog, Instructions) as well.  I actually have three sets of these, all Plymouth, MI.  I would consider selling one set if anyone has an interest.  In Gary's book, I noted that the red cap tubes only came with the Bulls Eye Target Pistol Set from Plymouth, MI.  However, there seems to me to be a question as to whether or not the Bulls Eye Target Pistol Set from Plymouth, MI may have also come with the blue cap tubes of BBs.  Does anyone know the answer to this question?  Perhaps someone had a set new from Plymouth, MI that indeed came with the blue cap tubes that say Plymouth, MI?        
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2019 at 10:09am
Those are some cool pics, Zipper.  Thanks for posting those for us who will never run across such beauties.
Be Prepared
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2019 at 12:45pm
I actually have 3 of the early Bulls Eye pistol sets.
#1  box and gun marked Plymouth, red tubes just say made in USA
#2  box marked Plymouth, gun says Rogers, bb tubes were missing
#3  box and gun marked Rogers, blue tubes say Plymouth

The later style box that I had pictured earlier is from Rogers with the blue tubes marked Rogers so those blue tubes can be marked either way.

Gary Garber said in his book that the model 177 was only made in Plymouth for a year so who knows how many came with the red tubes and when they switched to the blue ones.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2019 at 4:50pm
Still searching for the elusive "red cap" tube of lithographed bb's.  Also searching for another needle in the haystack.  I now need a box for the 1894 Texas Ranger (plastic stock/forearm).  Any leads appreciated.  Thanks! 

Star
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic