Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Elusive JC Penney 1894.. is for sale!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Elusive JC Penney 1894.. is for sale!
    Posted: March-10-2019 at 3:10pm
For anyone interested, one of these guns is now on Ebay.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-1894-Stagecoach-BB-Gun/173828441915?hash=item2878fb873b:g:ZosAAOSwCnpcgwoL

As legend goes, these are incredibly rare because not long after they hit the shelves in JC Penney's, there was a high profile shooting (assassination?).  Penney's apparently pulled the guns, and consolidated them to a warehouse, from which only "those who knew" about them and where to buy them could buy them.  I've seen two different estimates, putting the total run at either 1500, or just 1000.

I updated the post:

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/topic7876_post35397.html#35397

so now the pictures from the ebay sale are on there too.  And, I'm not affiliated with the sale in any way.  I'm just excited to finally have one of those guns surface!

Enjoy!
BSAGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 3:41pm
That's a cool looking gun and box that look to be in incredible shape.
Be Prepared
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 3:53pm
Just fyi, I'm not sure that is the right box for the gun.  I'm also not sure it isn't! :)  But I'm pretty darned sure about the "identity" of the gun!

keenkutterrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 8:45pm
That's my Stagecoach 1894. I've collected for over 35 years and I've never seen another one. Check out the Red Ryder Cowboy Outfit MIB I just listed. It's dead mint. Yes it's expensive, but I played close to that for it. I also put my 2 Air Force Rocket Command duo on ebay... Thanks for stating the history of the Stagecoach gun.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by keenkutterrick keenkutterrick wrote:

That's my Stagecoach 1894. I've collected for over 35 years and I've never seen another one. Check out the Red Ryder Cowboy Outfit MIB I just listed. It's dead mint. Yes it's expensive, but I played close to that for it. I also put my 2 Air Force Rocket Command duo on ebay... Thanks for stating the history of the Stagecoach gun.
What is the REG. NO. of your stagecoach?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic