Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunderbird Model 104

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2017 at 8:35pm
Agreed Pappy. Over the years I always wished I owned a small silkscreen setup just for my Daisys.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 2:37am
I second it being a Golden Eagle. I have no explanation re the sticker. Strange combination to be sure!
Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 9:28am
Wonder if the thunderbird pop guns ran through just before the golden eagles and thus a few golden eagles got the thunderbird treatment?

I've only been able to find one other person online talk about a 104 thunderbird. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Darb1177 Darb1177 wrote:

Wonder if the thunderbird pop guns ran through just before the golden eagles and thus a few golden eagles got the thunderbird treatment?

I've only been able to find one other person online talk about a 104 thunderbird. 
What did they say?
Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 3:54pm
He was in contact with the Daisy Museum curator and just told him it didn't exist and never replied back to him after he sent in pictures.  Not much other than that. 

http://www.southernoutdoorlife.com/showthread.php?377-Daisy-quot-Thunderbird-quot-Don-t-Exist
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 5:40pm
Very strange that there'd be another 104/T-Bird besides yours- and Daisy saying it doesn't officially exist. To me, seeing another example says it's 'real', as in it's not just some kid fixing up his Golden Eagle.

I'm guessing this gun isn't in any reference books, but based on there being two (so far), I'd say it's legit.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 6:18pm
Yeah, the wear on the decal matches the wear on the gun. Very interesting. Now you just need that impossible to find "scope" Cry    I have a few of them problems. Nice specemins that need an impossible to find part. Bet I'm not alone. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2017 at 11:31am
And a bonus it still works. My dad and I may make a trip up to Roger's to the museum with the gun and see what they say.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2018 at 8:25pm
Happened across this today while at eBay:

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2018 at 9:31am
Cobalt, I'm no expert but I think that looks a lot like a repaint with a "New" sticker on the side. The scratches on the muzzle look as if they have been painted over and the decal is a different color on the bird. Just my humble opinion.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic