Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Early Daisy Model 99 with Gravity Feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rhomsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Early Daisy Model 99 with Gravity Feed
    Posted: April-24-2022 at 8:23am
I have one. Text me. I’ll send you pictures
Rodger in Cincinnati
513-601-3809
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2022 at 6:34pm
Im specifically looking for a 1st variant of the Model 99 . Thanks
rlc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Boss31 Boss31 wrote:

you might try ::gun and game forum :: alot about bb guns..
 I went to the site and couldn't find BB guns or air guns, just some adds...am I missing something?  Always looking for sites with air guns for buy and sale.
rlc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2022 at 8:32pm
I went to the site, couldn't find any BB gun stuff...am I missing something?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by undertaker undertaker wrote:

I am searching for an early, 1959 or so, Model 99 with a gravity feed shot tube. Looking for a nice, original example. Thanks, Cliff
If you are looking for a good shooter as opposed to a collectible first-year model 99, you could keep an eye out for a model 299. They were also used in the JCs competitions, they have a monte carlo profile stock and a gravity feed shot tube. The 299 came along in the mid-'70s, so may have less wear on the shot tube than a 1st year 99.
Bob1774 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob1774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2022 at 11:00pm
I might have one that perhaps I'd let go.  

I asked Joe Murfin for assistance in dating it a few years ago, but it seems to be an anomaly from standard dating records.  The model 99 I have, has the "bottle cap," front that you twist to load the BB's in a small port at the front of the barrel as did the first variant model 99's in 1959.

This one has a silver and blue sticker indicating it was a JayCee competition gun, that Daisy started in 1959 in Rogers.  However, it appears to never have had a sling, which the first model 99' had a real leather sling, easily seen in vintage ads from 1959.  My brother received a true first year 1959 and I fondly remember that leather strap and the nice heft of that model.

Interestingly, the registration numbers on the barrel are perhaps 1960 according to Mr. Murfin.  So I don't know if this was a late production gun, an overrun, a special run for the new JayCee program, or what?  It is in terrific shape, and the person I obtained it from said it was from a collectors estate.

I've had it for several years, and my brother was actually able to restore his, which is why I originally purchased this one to give to him!

I know this is not a direct offer to sell, yet, but thought there was more to the story on this particular rifle!

Boss31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2022 at 6:34am
you might try ::gun and game forum :: alot about bb guns..
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2022 at 7:26pm
I am searching for an early, 1959 or so, Model 99 with a gravity feed shot tube. Looking for a nice, original example. Thanks, Cliff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic