FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with a model 21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with a model 21
    Posted: September-29-2023 at 9:43am
Wow !
The drawing may over-complicate things, but looks like that would be one heinous joker to work on.
I’m amazed that Daisy made any money on that one.
Back in 1973 the list price was only about $4.00 more than an 1894 or a 99.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2023 at 4:40am
The closest I've been to a Daisy double barrel is a photo, but here is a patent drawing of the gun as it was envisioned by Charles F. "Fred" LeFever hisself:

Because of how the forum limits photo attachment size, here's a link where you can download the photo to your 'puter:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/21/82/67/7b589a838fee86/US2196732-drawings-page-1.png

This is a link to the google patent page where there is a written description and key to the photo's numbered features:

US2196732A 

Lobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2023 at 6:44pm
My model 21 just arrived. Two problems/questions, maybe related. I have not attempted to take her apart yet. Maybe common issues.
The gun doesn't lock up and the safety won't go off safe with barrels closed. I can move the safety off safe with the barrels open however. Also, the break open lever is floppy loose with barrels shut but springs back to tight with barrels open.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic