Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Model 1938A-B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryder Model 1938A-B
    Posted: January-07-2018 at 3:08pm
I Would be interested in purchasing a 1938 AB. If anyone has one let me know.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 5:54am
There's a recent thread on the 1938A. It's possibly the A-B, but w/o knowing the exact internal differences, it's going to be hard to determine whether it was ever back to the factory for the safety upgrade. It's not showing evidence of the silk screening mentioned earlier but that could be due to the condition and/or it having been removed during the life of the gun. Unfortunately the trigger assembly was a casualty during this gun's harsh life, so it may not reveal anything useful as far as how the safety functions- but that's speculation on my part.

willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2016 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by DaisyBBgunner DaisyBBgunner wrote:

I would pay a fair sum for a 1938A-B operating manual!

Gary, I thought that I had sent one to you along with the rifle.

Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2016 at 9:17pm
Gary, I thought that I had sent one to you.

Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2016 at 9:16pm
It also is missing a forearm, and the stock is split.

Semper Fi
Djmizell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djmizell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 6:17am
I have a red rider 1bb gun model 1938 AB . Lot number L813439. It still shots. In good condition,missing a few things. ( the ring on the side, the door. Trying to determine the value.
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2016 at 11:02am
I would pay a fair sum for a 1938A-B operating manual!
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2016 at 1:37pm
That's an interesting point. Just what is it that piques interest in certain collectable items and not in others. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2016 at 1:53pm
On a different note, I recently acquired a Model 111A-B, great condition, AND AM WONDERING WHY THERE IS NOT SOME INTENSE INTEREST IN THE Daisy A-B series which is an unplanned extremely rarity.

Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 12:30pm
I originally addressed this subject December 31, 2012, but have seen some inquiries lately about the 1979 recall of the "A" series production run that morphed into the "A-B" series, until the reworked items were finished and production resumed on Daisy's next iteration, the "B" series.

Hope this is helpful.
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic