Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

22. Cal breech load octagonal barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22. Cal breech load octagonal barrel
    Posted: August-23-2015 at 9:09am
I still haven't seen an answer to why it would have "DAISY" forged into the top of the barrel.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2015 at 6:20pm
It's a Stevens Maynard .22 single shot. I envy his ability to take a rusty paper weight and turn it into a pretty little shooter. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2015 at 12:24pm
That looks like a flobert gun. they were made in Belgium and there are many different styles. I actually have one myself but styled differently. They had rolling block mechanisms to load the ammo (ammo was 6mm but you can shoot a 22 short out of it) These guns were the first rim fire guns ever made. I shoot CB caps out of mine. Here is a link to one that is similar to yours.

G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 8:01pm
Nice. I've got too many that I do want to shoot now. When I see something I've never seen that just looks cool I have to have it.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2015 at 4:55pm
Totally your call. My friends had no stock and looked like it sat in a barnyard for 75 years when he got it. He cleaned all the rust and built a stock and forearm for it. Now it's a very nice shooter. It does take a bit of work and knowhow though. Here's a pic of it. Real cutie.

G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 2:56pm
Thanks. It's a nice wall hanger. Don't think I'll even try and shoot it.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 8:18pm
Beautiful gun. Reminds me of a rusty old piece a friend of mine cleaned up and made new furniture for. That is a single shot rimfire .22 from late 19th century as well. Good find and interesting that "It's a Daisy"
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 6:53pm
Opened good for me , cool rifle and some nice stamps on it .
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 5:29pm
Hopefully you can open the link.
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 5:21pm
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic