Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repairing and Restoring Buzz Barton Super 103

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repairing and Restoring Buzz Barton Super 103
    Posted: August-31-2017 at 5:41am
Wonderful post.This is nice post and gives in depth information. I like to read this post because I met so many new facts about it actually.Thanks a lot. I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing..
Ayurvedic Centre in Lucknow

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 4:15pm
The Daisy 103 Super Buzz Barton is a reverse cocker. When you pull the lever down it pushes the plunger assembly to the rear of the gun (no resistance) and it should catch on the trigger sear.  As Gary said in his post, if it is not catching, try pushing the trigger forward and holding it while you close the lever. Does the trigger feel like it has a spring and when you pull and release it does it return.  The gun actually cocks when you close the cocking lever.  The end of the cocking lever should hold tension on the assembly until you pull the trigger causing the gun to shoot.    Let me know how this works?
Pat
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 11:06am
First easy guess, does it have a trigger spring? If the spring does not push the trigger forward when cocking it will not catch. You can push it forward while cocking to see if that is the problem.
Let us know.
If that is not is someone smarter will need to jump in, there are quite a few of them here.
Gary
JPemberton97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPemberton97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:53am
New member here, first post! I happened upon a Buzz Barton Super 103 recently. Considering its age, it's in fairly decent shape, everything original. Nickel plating on receiver is in particularly good shape. However, the gun won't cock, chamber a BB, and the trigger does not work. My suspicion is that it has a part missing. I am wondering if anyone can contribute any knowledge regarding the Super 103. Thanks!
Amateur collector, restorer and tinkerer

Daisy Buzz Barton Super 103
Daisy Model 1938B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic