Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wide frame"Pop Gun"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wide frame"Pop Gun"?
    Posted: July-03-2018 at 9:23pm
Just saw a wide frame pop gun. It had a beautiful front and rear stock which were a great imitation of wood but made of plastic. It had gold metal and no engraving on the barrel. When I first picked it up I thought it might be a 95 or 96, that's how good it looked.

Has anyone ever seen one of these, and what is it called? I almost considered investing in it.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 4:02am
New one on me, did you catch the Model no.?
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 9:16am
Never seen a wide frame toy gun either.
Hope someone can find some pictures.
From the description of the stock I am guessing the mid 60's or later?
Gary
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 9:58pm
I am looking for a Daisy 760 PoP Gun Stock??
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours!!!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 12:50am
Did it look like the gun below? It's a pellet gun but has quite a *POP* when dry fired...
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by rexron911 rexron911 wrote:

I am looking for a Daisy 760 PoP Gun Stock??
It uses the same stock as other similar era Daisys. I say "it uses", maybe I should say other stocks will fit. I'm not sure if there's a difference in length between it and another gun made during the same time frame, but I doubt there is. If it was me, I'd measure the length of the stock from the horizontal through-screw to the middle of the butt and use that as a way to match up a stock from another gun- finding a stock from a 760 will not be easy.
BTW, your 760 is based on the model 107 "trombone" action.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 1:12pm
Yes Cobalt. It looked very much like this but no rear sight (or maybe it broke off) and I did not see any barrel markings. How is it loaded? The shot tube screws out but is only a small thread on the bottom.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 3:06pm
The lever action Daisy pellet guns used a plastic clip that slides into a recess about where the abutment of a BB gun would be. You can see the cutout on the forearm to make clearance for the clip.

The only one of these pellet guns I've seen disassembled was a model 450. It used a brass shot tube that wasn't threaded, instead it was held in place by a C-clip so it couldn't be easily removed like you're describing. This gun can be seen here- https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=136848.0.

Your gun seems to be a mystery- I'm at a loss!!
Dan Neidinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 8:02pm
Could it be a Quick Skill with no shot tube
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Yes Cobalt. It looked very much like this but no rear sight (or maybe it broke off) and I did not see any barrel markings. How is it loaded? The shot tube screws out but is only a small thread on the bottom.
Maybe a 499? The 499 shot tube is below. The 499 is a single shot muzzle loader. The black composite 'funnel' on the muzzle end of the shot tube is there to help make dropping a BB down the tube easier but it may make the gun look like something other than a BB gun if you're not used to it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic