Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 200 CO2 BB Pistol Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 200 CO2 BB Pistol Questions
    Posted: July-25-2018 at 2:48pm
I have a Model 200 "Masterwork" CO2 BB Pistol. It was given to me by my parents many, many years ago. They found it lying in their General Store which they had just bought. It is still in the original box. Has the two original CO2 cartridges, and BB Box. This pistol was never used and just sat in our closet.  I can not locate the serial number anywhere on this pistol. The only information I can see is "CO2 200 BB GUN" followed by the Daisy logo on the left side. On the right side "DAISY MFG. CO. ROGERS ARK. U.S.A."  Then below "PAT NO.3,0&00,371 & 3,269,379".  In my initial contacts with Daisy I was able to obtain a copy from them of the Operation Manual.  Which I am very grateful I could still get.  I would like to know if possible, the exact mfg date of the pistol if possible.  I know Daisy manufactured the Model 200s between 1963 to 1977.  If possible I would like to find the serial number.  It is important to me
to know the value of the pistol in its current state vs. the value if I put a CO2 cartridge in it and try to
fire it. That is if the CO2 cartridge doesn't leak. Which after all these years I just do not know what condition the seals are in.  So any information to my questions would be very helpful and appreciated.
Thank you 
Walter

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 6:22pm
I'm pretty sure not all these guns were numbered. I recall there being a member here "jimmie" who repairs the CO2 200: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/member_profile.asp?PF=9957 He might be able to help with the age, No contact info is shown, maybe someone here can help.

Good luck.
Z Machine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2018 at 7:30pm
Thank you cobalt327. I 'll try contacting "jimmie"
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2018 at 1:11pm
Jimmie is great at bringing these things back to life.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Z Machine Z Machine wrote:

Thank you cobalt327. I 'll try contacting "jimmie"
I thought I had found jimmie on eBay as a seller but it turned out not to be.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2018 at 1:57pm
There are a good number of Daisy 200's around, most of them  leak. Jimmy seems to be one of only a few who have had luck sealing them. They are not very valuable, yours with the box etc. would
not be worth more then $50 at most.

Ejwills
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2019 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Z Machine Z Machine wrote:

I have a Model 200 "Masterwork" CO2 BB Pistol. It was given to me by my parents many, many years ago. They found it lying in their General Store which they had just bought. It is still in the original box. Has the two original CO2 cartridges, and BB Box. This pistol was never used and just sat in our closet.  I can not locate the serial number anywhere on this pistol. The only information I can see is "CO2 200 BB GUN" followed by the Daisy logo on the left side. On the right side "DAISY MFG. CO. ROGERS ARK. U.S.A."  Then below "PAT NO.3,0&00,371 & 3,269,379".  In my initial contacts with Daisy I was able to obtain a copy from them of the Operation Manual.  Which I am very grateful I could still get.  I would like to know if possible, the exact mfg date of the pistol if possible.  I know Daisy manufactured the Model 200s between 1963 to 1977.  If possible I would like to find the serial number.  It is important to me
to know the value of the pistol in its current state vs. the value if I put a CO2 cartridge in it and try to
fire it. That is if the CO2 cartridge doesn't leak. Which after all these years I just do not know what condition the seals are in.  So any information to my questions would be very helpful and appreciated.
Thank you 
Walter
This may never be seen by Walter, but maybe he'll stop by again.

It turns out that not all were numbered like was thought. As far as I can tell, Lot No.s began in 1975. The last date of a 200 I can document is a gun I own with LOT NO. L882931, which is November 1978. Below are some things I have found out about the 200. It's accurate as far as I know, but the info is not written in stone and may be updated when new info comes to light.

Made from 1963-1978 (was 1976) I own 1978 Nov. LOT NO. L882931

·        1st version had no logo on LH grip, grips dark brown

o   Next guns had sticker type “Daisy Quality Products Since 1885” logo, grips lighter, almost tan. Blank under sticker.

o   Next had logo molded into grip, also tan

o   Newest guns reverted back to sticker 

·        Blue box older, red/yellow box newer

·        Earlier guns had “CO2 200” on LH side

o   Later had “POWERLINE MODEL 200 CO2 BB GUN

·        Guns beginning 1975 had LOT NO. stamped into RH rear receiver below patent number

·        Early guns have small cast-in text on LH trigger frame to oil elevator, text is behind spring

o   Later guns have larger text as well as cast-in text: “Use CO2 Gas Only” and “BE SAFE Remove Cylinder When Not Shooting”. Also has 2 yellow stickers, one on CO2 screw cap “Remove cylinder if freezes up”, other sticker is inside LH grip, has shooting instructions.

·        Earlier guns have short, squared off rear sight base, and will have a hole in the top of the gun for the spring guide pin, later guns have longer, sloping base, no hole

·        Guns around 1975 have a stop cast into the LH side for the mag follower, older guns do not

·        Earlier guns with plain grips (w/o sticker or cast logo) use slotted screws, later guns have phillips head

·        Earlier guns have painted muzzle end, later guns have unpainted muzzle end

·        Early guns have straight elevator spring with removable spring ‘guide’ and hole in the top of the gun, late guns had a cone shaped spring wider at top

·        Earliest date seen with a Lot No. is April 1975 with LOT NO. D500102 

·        Earlier guns were before Victor was displayed on box or paperwork

o   Victor era guns have phillips, gold styro, winged adapters

·        Earliest guns use a steel rear sight base with stamped text

o   Later guns use cast alloy sight base with raised text

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic