FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to buy 130 El Gamo Repeater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy 130 El Gamo Repeater
    Posted: November-09-2018 at 10:43am
You are welcome and yes , people grab them with the mag on top ...and there you go , but then when they store them without the mag ...the mags get lost ! , had one of the 68 models too but not the most smooth of action and triggers , kept it maybe 2 -3 weeks , cool looking but not a great shooter in my humble opinion .  
Realshooter
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2018 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Dannop2 Dannop2 wrote:

I had two of these , a El Gamo and a Daisy , just sold the El Gamo last month and kept the Daisy , had them side by side and all parts are the same ...except the stocks , the Daisy stock had the groves cut in and was a shade lighter in color , I kept the Daisy because of that feature , all else are - again the same with of course different branding and both made in Spain , as  a side I did build an extra magazine for them out of a D 1894 magazine and spring , a small Allen screw and a small section of a coil spring as a stop , if anyone needs to build one I can guide them  and I finished it all with cold blue and it looks and works great . These are nice rifles as they just don't jam ( use wadcutters ) and if you load manually you can shoot any pellet where some attempts limit you to just the pellets that will load in a magazine , hope this is of some help . 

That is great to know, thanks for sharing.
They do turn up from time to time with bent or missing tubes.

Gary
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2018 at 12:24pm
Thanks , yes if you get one and want to know how to ,make it just let me know , hard to find them but hey that's half the fun ! , I agree the ability to just let your fingers relax in the grooves I think makes it shoot a little better as the rifle can move a bit - " the artillery hold " , good luck on the hunt . 
Realshooter
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2018 at 12:14pm
Great stuff, thanks! I think I'm leaning towards the Daisy stock as well, from the pictures I've seen. Nice engineering with the extra magazine!
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2018 at 11:42am
I had two of these , a El Gamo and a Daisy , just sold the El Gamo last month and kept the Daisy , had them side by side and all parts are the same ...except the stocks , the Daisy stock had the groves cut in and was a shade lighter in color , I kept the Daisy because of that feature , all else are - again the same with of course different branding and both made in Spain , as  a side I did build an extra magazine for them out of a D 1894 magazine and spring , a small Allen screw and a small section of a coil spring as a stop , if anyone needs to build one I can guide them  and I finished it all with cold blue and it looks and works great . These are nice rifles as they just don't jam ( use wadcutters ) and if you load manually you can shoot any pellet where some attempts limit you to just the pellets that will load in a magazine , hope this is of some help . 
Realshooter
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2018 at 8:49am
Not had a Daisy to compare it to. 
Gary
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 10:37am
So, gloating, eh? :) I did see that those were out there too. I believe they had the same action. Have you also had the Daisy to compare? I think I'd prefer 177 for this anyway, but thanks for the hint!
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 9:05am
Not for sale but I have one of the old El Gamo 68 (?) repeaters with the pistol grip style stock.
Fun to shoot but you need to use flat nosed pellets in the magazine tube.
Mine is .177 so pellets are easy to find. If you get a .22 flat nosed pellets are not as common.
Gary
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 4:50pm
That thread about the 130 repeater has me intrigued!  Does anyone have one for sale?  If so, please contact me@ Ltssvn@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic