FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overpriced model 25 again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overpriced model 25 again
    Posted: February-04-2019 at 6:11pm
Caveat emptor and always do your homework before buying, especially collectibles and on line.  At least the seller knows his history Smile

"The model 25 has dominated the airgun market for over 50 years with the high performance."
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2019 at 12:28pm
Surprising someone with a gift > GOOD!

Being suckered by the price > BAD!
Air-It-Is
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2019 at 10:36am
Unfortunately some good minded folks purchase these over priced "collectibles" as a gift for a friend that is into air rifles. My dad bought me a newer boxed Red Ryder from an antique store once and luckily was able to return it after I explained it was not old nor worth what he paid. I appreciated the gesture but advised him to let me know about a potential buy before the deal is made.

I'm more than willing to pay up for a nice piece but hate to see people get taken on something you can still get at Walmart.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 4:33pm
Anyone can label an item "Vintage", "Classic" or "Unique" to make it sound more valuable. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay. Maybe it's a matter of waiting for that one person who is willing to pay waaayyy too much!

That being said, I have a classic, unique, vintage brand new Red Ryder that I'll let go for a mere $400,000......plus shipping.

Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 3:23pm
Keep in mind the famous quote of P.T.Barnum !

Ejwills.
Ejwills
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 1:28pm
I laugh at them. All the more reason to stay informed.
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 9:20am
Holy smokes.
Be Independent!
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 9:00am
If you think that's bad, go to e-bay and search for:

Daisy Red Ryder Limited

WOW !!!!!
Marv, NW OH
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2019 at 8:10am
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-model-25/283360821273?hash=item41f99f0019:g:jhgAAOSwqRlcM9cz

Why are there so many people trying to rip others off with these new model 25 guns? They are 39.99.
Be Independent!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic