FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Bronze Colored

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bryno View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Bronze Colored
    Posted: October-14-2023 at 10:27pm
Happened across this post while I was looking for information on a gun I just picked up. It seems this particular gun is an early bronze Model 25 it was dated by the Daisy Museum as being manufactured in September of 1958 with a registration number of L7798063. Joe Murphan tells me that this gun did not have any stenciling and I found that interesting most of the guns I've seen with paint jobs other than black usually have some embellishment. I was happy to find out it was manufactured only 5 months into production in Rogers I didn't think it was anywhere near that early based on its condition which is pretty good and it still functions. If anybody has any other information about this guy I would appreciate hearing from you.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2023 at 12:07pm
That really is a nice one!

For what it's worth the Daisy King site says it was made mid-1957.

twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2023 at 10:43pm
Found the Reg. number for the Bronze Model 25

Keep On Plinking
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2023 at 5:26pm
Man that is really nice
Stevec
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2023 at 4:24pm
Here is my old one that I sold a few years ago.  It was in very good condition.  I liked the color and thought more guns should of had that color paint.

Keep On Plinking
LyricRFFN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyricRFFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2023 at 3:13am
You are correct. I just posted a large reply to this topic. I own one.
LyricRFFN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyricRFFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2023 at 3:12am
I am so happy That I finally joined this forum. I am also happy that I found this topic. I own one of these guns. I will share the story I was told when buying it. Here it goes.
This is a very rare model 25. The reason is this is the only year and set that they used the bronze paint on the model 25. There are not many known to exist.This specific gun is in unused condition due to the fact it was sold with no trigger spring and was returned to Sears. My uncle worked there and brought the gun home and it was forgotten about. I did a lot of research on this gun and like I said it is very rare. It was only put in this one shooters outfit kit and that’s it. The painted ducks color has seemed to have disappeared mostly but can still be seen. The engraving are also visible but that bronze paint is insane! There is also some bronze paint in the cleaning kit that came with the set which is also unused. The gun does hold pressure as it should and I did take the stock off to confirm there was no trigger spring as you can see in the one photo. You will not want to miss out on this gun because I can guarantee you that you will not find another factory bronze model 25 in this condition again. The gun will need a trigger spring installed to fully function. I did test the pressure and it is good with no leaking seals.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2019 at 4:17pm
Not sure if anyone is interested but I guess i was wrong , I still have one of the gunmetal one's if someone wants to buy one .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2019 at 8:49pm
I seem to recall the bronze 25 was what Daisy used in one of their sets, but I could be mistaken.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2019 at 8:45pm
Looks like the same gunmetal paint hat was on a couple of guns I sold on eBay awhile back , don't think it is anything particularly rare but I do think they are some of the prettiest , my two were in excellent condition and I think if I remember right I got around $100.00 a piece for each plus shipping , hope this is of use to someone .  
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic