FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy NRA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy NRA
    Posted: May-12-2019 at 11:32am
Its just a matter of personal preference.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2019 at 11:26am
Daisy 179, an 1894s never were good shooters. Daisy usually made the works of a gun, then built the frame around it. But the Spittin image guns, they did the opposite. They designed the frame, and fitted the works inside it. Always were weak, but they looked cool! Id say if you need to shoot a bb gun, buy a $20 Red Ryder.
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 5:45pm

Looking for help with a purchase.

Just bought a Vintage Daisy 1894 in great shape. Only issue is that it shoots weak (probably at less than 120 fps) so new seals should solve problem.

Was looking to buy a Daisy 179 NRA version to complete the set. But for about the same amount (or maybe less) I can buy a brand new Umarex Colt NRA Peacemaker CO2 Pellet Revolver.

I have shot a 179 before (I own one, but is currently broken). I find you can almost throw a BB as hard as it shoots. If I buy a used NRA 179, it may not shoot right & even if it does, it still only shoots at around 140 fps. Also, most used one's are missing the NRA emblem on the grip.

I have a couple CO2 Colt Peacemakers in BB & Pellet, and love them.

I still enjoy shooting my collection of Daisy 1894's (I have 8) even after I bought the Legends Cowboy Lever Action, shell ejecting CO2 airgun that shoots both BB & Pellet. But no interested in taking my 179 to my local Daisy Repair Centre to try to get him to fix it. Even thought I'm there every couple of months to get something fixed (I own more than 50 airguns).

So, as collectors and users of Daisy airguns, tell me why I should get the Daisy NRA 179 vs. the Umarex Colt NRA Peacemaker.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy collecting & shooting Daisy 1894's. I find that they have reasonable velocity and accuracy for my 25 ft. indoor range. Just can't get excited about another 179. One is probably more than I need. Even when I first got the 179 (in the 1970's to use with my Daisy 1894 I bought a year before), I was never excited with it and bought a Cosman 1861 Shiloh a couple of years later to shoot instead.  

Thanks for your advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic