FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw
    Posted: June-15-2019 at 1:00pm

ARTHUR,

CALL OR EMAIL ME, I HAVE A SCREW.

Louie LeMaster

tatankatoo@aol.com

cell  702-250-1937
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 10:23pm

Send me your email address or cell phone and I can send you a picture to be sure it is the one you need. 

Louie LeMaster

tatankatoo@aol.com
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 10:11pm

I will check my storage, thinking I might have one of these, and if I do it is yours free...I will check still tonight.

Louie LeMaster
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 4:44pm
Better than an unthreaded steel part like a cotter pin that could screw up the threads.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2019 at 11:19am
Just an FYI. Your houses are filled with 6-32 screws. If you want to try one without making a trip to the hardware store, the screws that hold the covers on electrical switches and outlets are 6-32. Also, the screws that hold the switches and outlets onto the wall boxes are 6-32. Length should be the only issue. Of course, these are not original Daisy issue but might get the gun up and running again.

Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2019 at 11:01am
Thank you for the update.
jackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2019 at 12:40am
Pre 1978 there was never a nut on any screw on the No. 25.   The new version may have one, but I wouldn't know.  Made in china so who knows....

Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2019 at 12:51pm
Thanks Gumslinger for the screw specs, I appreciate it.

My gun may not have originally came with a nut, perhaps it was installed by a PO as I bought it used.

This is from the current Daisy parts list/diagram for the 25. The 25 cent nut is not being restocked- seeing this happen more and more.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 9:54pm
They did not have nuts.  Just threaded into the bracket and good to go.
Be Prepared
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 8:38pm

Are you talking about the slide bar screw at the fore end?  I have a 1930s No 25, and a 1960s No 25. Just for kicks, I just now put them on my workbench and removed the slide bar screws. They are actually interchangeable. These are both 6-32” slot-head screws, 5/16” shaft length and neither had nuts on them--they simply screwed tightly into the barrel tab. The 1960s No 25 had a lock washer under it. Did they ever have nuts?  I have no way of knowing just from these two examples, as this is the way I received these guns. But the screws cinched up tight without nuts. Hope this helps.

JCN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic