Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Value of a 1st Generation 111-40 RR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Value of a 1st Generation 111-40 RR?
    Posted: January-06-2005 at 2:58pm
If you are still looking for one here is another http://www.bbairguns.com/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=1564
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 6:27am
I went to that antique mall yesterday and the old Red Ryder was gone.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 10:02am

[QUOTE=pinball-1]If you are still looking for one here is another http://www.bbairguns.com/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=1564[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatley, that isn't a copper band RR w/ aluminum cocking handle. It is a painted aluminum cocking handle with rust on the steel barrel band.
He has it listed incorrectly.

pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 1:19pm
Sorry didnt look at pictures very close, just read the ad.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 10:19pm

Hey Gguys

You better look again.The guy has two listed and the one is a copper band Red Ryder.The one listed above by scutfarkus is a copper band

Stevec

pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 10:52am
I thought it was but couldnt tell if the lever was cast iron or not. So that one is the first Red Ryder then...right?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 1:38pm

The cocking handle sure looks painted to me...

The gun is admittedly an unoriginal- the seller says that the stock isn't orig either.

So, we know for a fact that the gun is a mutt- the cocking handle looks painted (but nothing for sure) the band looks rusted, but advertised as "hints of copper tracing"-

Dunno about this one..

pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 4:23pm
Just wanted to tell you about it as you said you wanted em and you were willing to pay $175 for a beater.
craftkid48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftkid48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 5:36pm

I have an original copper banded Red Ryder and that is exactly what they look like, also the 1st generation barrel band is punched like the one on the auction.

If you rub it a little it will brighten up.

The cocking lever looks like iron to me also and only 1st gen. has the adjustable sight.

The opening bid seems high, but can't be many around in any condition.

They are only going to go up. 

http://www.bbairguns.com/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=1564/QUOTE

Dave
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 10:03pm

Hey All

I think the owner means that the stock is a new old stock or has been refinished.Everything I see on the rifle says it is a copper band.Most of them look this way.I have some and know how they look.The barrel band has been peened and not welded and has adjustable rear sight too.

Stevec

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic