Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victor BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victor BB Gun
    Posted: February-04-2024 at 2:53pm
I have a BB gun which I would like to learn more about. Perhaps some of you will be familiar with it. It is a single shot with a cast iron cocking lever and looks very much like a Daisy no 12 or model H. The gun is blued with an overall length of about 31” and a removable shot tube 8 1/4” in length. On both sides of the receiver are stamped “TRADE MARK” with a dog’s head in a circle between the two words. The top of the receiver is stamped “SINGLE shot VICTOR Manufacturing Co. Model 30”. I was told it was obtained from Daisy.
The attached paper tag says on one side:
Jap. #2593
August 1, 1936
Japanese copy
#12 Daisy
From Karachi, India
Muller Maclean & Co.
The other side says:
Selling Price
C. I. F. Indian
$4.35 Pr. Doz
15 Yen at 29¢
Our Price
F.O.B. New York $7.00 per doz

I found a 1929 Muller Maclean & Co. Letter which states they are “Exporters and Manufacturers’ Agents” with at least 14 offices in diverse places such as Karachi, Osaka Japan, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Borneo, New York, etc. so they could have been distributers for a BB gun manufactured almost anywhere.
An experienced collector on another forum believes it was manufactured by Daisy – possibly for export- and that he knows of only one other which is in the Smithsonian.
My efforts to learn anything more have been fruitless. So, if anyone could add to my limited information, I would appreciate it.
Johnny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic