Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wal Mart Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wal Mart Red Ryder
    Posted: October-19-2020 at 10:53am
I have recently seen on the Wal Mart website a new Red Ryder being offered.It is called the Daisy Red Ryder Christmas Wish.It has the compass and sundial in the stock.It is just like the Christmas Dreams that are offered every 5 years through the Daisy Museum.Only difference is it isn't numbered and there is no engraving on the gun other than the sundial on one side and the Red Ryder mural on the other.The best part is it only costs $28.70....The question I have is this a Wal Mart exclusive?.I've looked all over the internet and can't find any info on it.I've looked here and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it on here,unless I missed the post.But when I try to order online from Wal Mart they say that it cannot be shipped to my zipcode.But that's funny as my local Wal Mart still sells bb guns in the store.I've put in various zip codes from different states and it does the same thing.Does anyone have any info on this gun and how to get it?
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:07am
Good news if there is a way to actually buy one. Will have to stop by today and see if they have them around here.
Gary
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 10:15am
Scottie....same thing happened here in NW OH. Never had a problem with shipping before ???
Marv, NW OH
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 8:24pm
   I just ordered mine but had to buy some targets for the free shipping.  So it seems Arizona is ok for Walmart to send BB guns to.  I'm sure there are some states that are tightening there grip on the deadly BB gun getting into the wrong hands.
Keep On Plinking
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 9:13pm
I've been investigating on the Walmart site.I live in Ohio but they will not ship to Pennsylvania or Michigan either.But they will ship to Indiana.But they won't ship to a store.Only a physical house address.So if any of you fellow bb gun collectors know of any friends that live in Indiana,you better order these guns now and have them shipped to your friend.As for me it looks like I'm out of luck.I'm not gonna drive half way across the country for a bb gun as much as I do want it.
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2020 at 7:04am
It looks like Kentucky and West Virginia will also ship but New York will not.But still you have to have an actual address,they won't ship to a store.....You know it's funny,I live about 20 miles from where they filmed "A Christmas Story" in Cleveland,Ohio and this movie is all about this bb gun.But the residents of the state of Ohio are deemed unfit by "whoever" and we are not allowed to have a bb gun of all things,shipped to us.But yet Walmart still sells bb guns and air rifles and real firearms for that matter at my local store....The way they are selling this gun only certain "haves" can get it and the "have nots" cannot get it.Sounds like politics if there ever were any.Anyway....it's gonna be a rare collectable down the road as half the country won't be allowed to get the thing in the first place.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2020 at 8:59pm
Hello and welcome, Scottie.  Thanks for the tip.  I was not aware that these guns were on sale.  I may have to get 1 or 2.
Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 2:07pm
Something seems funny about this.   I've ordered Daisy's from walmart.com before without issues.   Now my PA zip code is on the naughty list.   I'm thinking it's less about politics and more about supply. At least I hope so.   My local Walmart has lots of guns in stock but not this particular one.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2020 at 4:06pm
Spent over an hour on the phone this morning talking to assorted Wal-Mart"associates" (Some of whom could barely speak english). Explained that I have received BB guns from wal-Mart on numerous occasions in the past...None of them could explain why I get the message "Can't pick up in store and unable to ship".  One tried to say it might be a problem with the trucking companies. Wal-Mart won't deliver, but UPS, etc. would ???????
Is this another of those deals where only wal-mart is selling? and Daisy Museum knows nothing?
Marv, NW OH
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 9:13am
Like you I can't understand why they won't ship it to the store.
They ship BB guns and real guns and ammunition to the store.
?!?!?!?!
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic