Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wal Mart Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 8:14am
Scottie, I believe the cocking lever is aluminum, I tried to bend it or flex it but it is very stiff and will not move. Hard to tell with the coating on it and I didn’t want tap on it and chip it. I believe it might be metal and not plastic.
Keep On Plinking
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 8:40am
Very cool.This Red Ryder Christmas Wish seems to be the super bargain of the year....You get the compass and sundial.You get a style to actually use the sundial with,instead of sticking a stick in the hole.....Remember some of the Christmas Dreams didn't even have a hole to put a style in.They were just fake sundials.Plus you might be getting an aluminum lever (according to twocompassheads) and a retro styled box.All for a very reasonable price......The only drawback is it's made in China...But most of the Christmas Dreams were too,they were just reassembled with the special forearm and stock in the USA.And now I see that Walmart is all sold out.But if what that Walmart manager told me is true us "have nots" will be getting our chance to obtain one of bad boys this Black Friday....I don't know about you but I'll be ready,just like Ralphie was on Christmas morning.
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 12:00pm
Looks like it is now sold out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Christmas-Wish-Red-Ryder-BB-Gun/795916436

Must have been a limited edition.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by twocompassheads twocompassheads wrote:

Scottie, I believe the cocking lever is aluminum, I tried to bend it or flex it but it is very stiff and will not move. Hard to tell with the coating on it and I didn’t want tap on it and chip it. I believe it might be metal and not plastic.
One way to tell is the metal lever has a black plastic insert.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 4:35pm
AND! DID YINZ NOTICE THE COOL GOLDEN FOREARM BAND?

I've been lamenting lately about having too many Daisy's taking up space at home, but, I wonder if Mrs Airitis would think I'm batty if one of these babies appears by Christmas?    
Air-It-Is
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 7:30pm
Mark, it does have the metal cocking lever with the plastic insert that goes from one side to the other.  That's a plus instead of the plastic ones.

Keep On Plinking
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2020 at 12:37pm
Thanks, Dennis. It's a pretty good buy for what you get. I haven't found the time to open mine yet. 

Something else I didn't know is the sundial hole is slanted for the hand. I believe the earlier Christmas guns were straight up and down, but I could be wrong.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2020 at 11:53pm
Just  NOTE  on the availability of this gun at Walmart....  They are not out of stock on this item, but  I was informed that:

Walmart is removing guns and ammo from shelves and display cases in all stores as a precaution amid 'civil unrest'

and that includes mail order...  It will return.  It may also explain why some folks are having trouble ordering this, when in the past they had no problems... ???
Aim Straight
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2020 at 8:02am
Saw that supposedly they are putting the stuff back out?
Who knows?
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by jackdog jackdog wrote:

Just  NOTE  on the availability of this gun at Walmart....  They are not out of stock on this item, but  I was informed that:
<h1 ="lh1.15="" fz40px="" fz36px--modalminwidth="" mb14px="" ff$ff-primary="" lts$lspacing-md="" fw$fweight="" fsm$fsmoothing="" fsmw$fsmoothing="" fsmm$fsmoothing="" wowbw"="" itemprop="line" style="font-size: 40px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 14px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.15; overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;">Walmart is removing guns and ammo from shelves and display cases in all stores as a precaution amid 'civil unrest'</h1>
and that includes mail order...  It will return.  It may also explain why some folks are having trouble ordering this, when in the past they had no problems... ???

A news story I saw led to believe this action was prompted by looting.

Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic