Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to Buy- Canteen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to Buy- Canteen
    Posted: February-12-2018 at 9:40am
Looking to Buy a Daisy Canteen with the Belt holster. Has two stars on the Holster.
Please Email me if you have one you would like to sell.
l
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2018 at 10:29am
My first BB gun, a Model 80 Long Rifle, came with a canteen but it had a strap instead of the belt loop. It seems like it also had a compass?
Remember filling it with water and drinking from it. Always had that plastic taste on hot days.
Gary
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2018 at 10:08am
Was yours a set or did your parents purchase it separate from the rifle?
This canteen goes to a Model 1160 popgun set and attaches to a cap gun belt that came in the set.
The set has one in it, but I think it is the wrong one. I think the original is like the one I pictured.
Terry
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2018 at 8:53am
It was part of a set. Model 80 Long Rifle, canteen and bell ringer target. Also some paper targets and BB's. I don't think I have ever seen one with the belt loop.
Gary
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 5:17am
Thanks for the info Gary:
 I never seen the 80 in a set like that. I have a model 80 in a box, but it is not a set.
I will have to look around and see if I can find one to look at. I did see the Golden Hawk model 80 set made for Wards. It had the 303 scope, stock boot and a leather sling in it but no Bell target.

Terry
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 8:45am
It has been a few year but I know it did not have a scope or sling (no loop on the stock) and I do't remember a boot either.
I have seen a few sets with the 80 but none seem to match mine. Perhaps a small run to get rid of some left over stuff?
Sure wish I had a picture of it in the box, it would be much better evidence of what was actually there than my memory.
Good luck on your search.
Gary
rexron911 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2018 at 2:15pm
The canteen I have has a canvas sling. I had no idea it came as a set with a model 80. I have a model 80 too.
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic