Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted Vintage Daisy #100 M-38 BB gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 12:11pm
Hi Joe , you will still be able to get your money back , you did it as a paying  for services or a item purchase didn't you ? , I have done many PayPal transactions and as  far as a buyer never been ripped off , as a seller ..yes a few times but not bad , just crooks who try to make claim and try and keep the guns , both only when I sld through eBay and both times I either got my guns back and ate some shipping and had to repair he guns that were abused and the other I got my money but the crook got his too - PayPal ate that charge .
Realshooter
coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 3:32pm
I think I'd be in better shape if it had been an ebay sale but it was in response to my wanted ad on American Airgunner. I'm looking into seeing what I can do wiht PayPal.
Life is too short for delayed gratification.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 4:41pm
Wish you luck Joe. I am like you and have always trusted people but have been ripped off a couple of times. Makes me wonder why people do it when there is not a lot of money involved but then again things like maybe a 100 dollars is a lot to an average person. Deep down it is that trust you put in them and our hobby and it lets you down. So sad, but there a tons of other people out there that make up for it in some way.
Stevec
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 8:22pm
Hey Joe , please let us know who he or she is so we can be aware and send in a fraud deal on AAC .
Realshooter
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 8:34pm
So sorry to hear this, Joe.  I also trust people and it has panned out for me 99+% of the time.  I hope that PayPal can help you out.  Even if it wasn't an eBay auction, if you paid for goods or services, I believe they will help you.  I do know that if you send the $$ via their Friends and Family option, there is no recourse.
Be Prepared
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2020 at 9:37pm
I have some guns to sell, and I won't rip you off, references provided if you like.

I have the Daisy 100 Model 38 excellent condition
$150.00 plus shipping
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2020 at 7:16am
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

So sorry to hear this, Joe.  I also trust people and it has panned out for me 99+% of the time.  I hope that PayPal can help you out.  Even if it wasn't an eBay auction, if you paid for goods or services, I believe they will help you.  I do know that if you send the $$ via their Friends and Family option, there is no recourse.

Unfortunately I did get conned into using the "friends & Family" mode, PayPal has already informed me there is no recourse there. I checked with Discover card and they did hold out some hope but that is a work in progress at this time. 129 bucks is not going to destroy me and I'm not even angry, mostly just disappointed in myself that I overlooked so many obvious warning signs.Ouch

coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2020 at 7:22am
 The person who contacted me offering the gun is "Evan Joshua", email 

evanjosh005@gmail.com>

and I was instructed to send funds to "Victor Filotti, email
 victorfilup@gmail.com

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2020 at 1:02pm
Dang.  So sorry, Joe.  Makes me want to strangle those rats.

If you have any $$ left from your budget, you can feel confident dealing with Louie.  He is a good guy and a super-knowledgeable collector  who has been on this forum for a long time (only 15+ years!).
Be Prepared
coyotejoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyotejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2020 at 1:47pm
Yes, I have no doubt Louie is the real deal and the gun he pictured is very nice, really pretty wood. But as I told Louie, $175 seems a lot to spend on a novelty just to say I have one. The quest to find one is the interesting part, once I have it in hand I'll probably shoot it 25 times then set it in a corner somewhere and forget it, just one more thing for the wife to dispose of after my passing. LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic