Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which Daisy did I have??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogercounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which Daisy did I have??
    Posted: January-08-2005 at 5:40pm

....when I was a kid,(just a few years ago), I had a Daisy Pump Airgun, but I have never seen another one like it.

It had the synthetic stock and forearm, with adjustable sights.  The pump stroke was a straight-pullback, without the elbow type of bend in the actuating rods.  The stroke was about 4 or 5 inches, IIRC.  The forearm was forward of the action only about 6 inches, or so, much like a pump shotgun.

The endcap on the barrel was a flat-fitting type, instead of the overcap type seen on the lever action Daisys.  By flatfitting, I mean that the cap set flush against the end of the barrel.  Capacity was somewhere around 500 BB's.

I gave it to a friend of the family, after I outgrew it.  Where it went from there, I have no idea.  I have been told since then, that it is a rare type, and very collectible.  I can't recall the model number.

If I had known that, I would have hung onto it.  Also, I would have liked for my two sons to grow up with it.

Can anyone help me out, with a bit of info??  Then I can kick myself all over again, for getting rid of it!!!

bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 5:10am

YOU HAD THE MODEL No.107. TROMBONE ACTION MFG. 1958-'59. 1958 500 SHOT, CHANGED TO 450 SHOT IN 1959, REDUCED TO 375 SHOT IN 1961.

THE 107 WAS A REVIVED VERSION OF THE BUCK JONES DESIGN OF 1937.

bilbo
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 6:23am
Yes that is probably what you had. I seen one on Ebay a week ago in box selling for $100 (before it got kicked, as they are not allowed on Ebay). I have only seen 2, the one on ebay that I saw, and one Buck Jones. They seem very hard to find.
bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 4:45am

OUR LOCAL ANTIQUE MALL HAS ONE HERE IN YUMA,AZ. FOR $65.00

FINISH LOOKS GOOD. THE STOCK IS BADLY WARPED AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THE EARLY PLACTIC STOCKS ON DAISYS HAD A TENDENCY TO WARP.

bilbo
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 10:53am
Gee if the stock wasnt warped I'd like to buy it! Has anyone ever found a way to prevent that from happening to them in the future?
bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 11:14am
I THINK THAT MANY OF THE PLASTIC STOCKS WARPED ON THE 50'S DAISY'S WHEN THEY WERE PUT AWAY IN STORAGE STANDING ON THE BUTT STOCK. 
bilbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic