Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

Hey Cobalt
I got your pictures. Are you saying you brought those at Wal- Mart.You are right about the 1938B rifles as they are all the same but what makes them different is what is printed or inscribed on them and what is printed or type of box they come in. A limited edition rifle might only be a model 1938B but it is what it is made out to be. Like the original 1983 Christmas story rifle. Yeah, just a 1938B but very collectible.That was a fluke but when you say limited edition or Ann model it puts a hole new spin on a plain Jane Model 1938B. Just saying
The two boxed 1938B Red Ryders I showed above are from WM. In their case, they weren't bought as being anything special- just normal guns. When I opened the outer shipping carton from WM, I was surprised to see the gun boxes were the old style, I was expecting the regular WM box that has a cutout where the stock logo can be seen. So the boxes are actually the only "special" thing about them!

If Daisy also used the same box for one of the limited/commemorative Red Ryders, that could be a problem to a buyer. Without seeing the gun inside there's no way to know what it was. But if there's a chance that rust is taking hold, I think stopping that is more important than a sealed carton. With the boxes I have, there's no cellophane covering them or staples so with these boxes the gun could be carefully examined and reboxed.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 10:02pm
Yeah Cobalt, I have one from WM that was bought at a store around Christmas and the boxes were all like that. I have even seen them that way sinse. They probably made a bunch of the boxes for a time to spark interest but the guns are the same old same old. I really like that box though.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2019 at 11:56pm
I looked and found I also bought mine around Christmas. I agree- they are cool boxes.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2019 at 10:48pm
Might as well throw in my two cents. In the last 70 years, I feel the box is worth someting but nowhere near what the gun is worth. Pre 1950's boxes, in good condition, get pretty rare and can be worth real big bucks. That said, I would never buy a gun I couldn't see. Gently open the box. Here's a for instance. A couple years back, I was at a flea and there was a dealer there who had a pile of four D 25's NOS.....unopened boxes. They looked to me to be mid sixties. White box, light blue lettering, no "groovy" graphics, and Rogers address.
I was intrigued but he was firm at $150 a piece and refused to open the boxes. The boxes looked like they were well stored but rust is a funny thing. Given time, all it really needs is oxygen. I walked away amazed to have seen them at all. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2019 at 5:27pm
That is my thought, Rust. Never thought any of the ones I had in boxes would get rust on it but it did and makes me wonder about the unopened boxes. Gonna open them. Can't change the price that much if any I think.
Stevec
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic