Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB 1894 manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 9:12am
I have three Daisy rifles with the same problem.  Daisy informed me via email to oil them with 30 weight non-detergent oil then try them out about 12 to 15 times.  If that does not work send them to Daisy for repair. 

So far two of the rifles are now working after about 15 tries each.  I have not tried the third one yet.  Owner manuals recommend 30 wt. oil and do not recommend use of light household oils.  
bazthespazz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazthespazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2009 at 11:19am
I purchased a "copy" of the Daisy factory service manual for the 1894 from Bryan and Associates for $6.00 which included shipping. I just received my parts yesterday but haven't torn in to it yet. If you're interested in a copy contact Ron at BryanAndAc@aol.com and he'll hook you up.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazthespazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 2:21pm
OK Greg, I finally got my 1894 rebuilt and it wasn't a tough as I expected. I got some expert advice from another collecter online and with his advice and the manual I got it fixed. If you're still looking for help contact me via email and I'll see what I can do.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazthespazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2010 at 10:04am
Hey Greg, If you're still looking for a manual get in touch with me. I've got a copy of a 1894 service manual I'll try to scan into my computer and email you a copy. I recently picked up a Buffalo Bill 3030 that needs a new plunger so I'm going to tear in to it this afternoon and get it shooting again.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2010 at 1:32pm
The Daisy Model 1894 is a very nasty beast to make an attempt at repair; many have taken them apart but few have put them back together.  Try baker19711@yahoo.com for some information, or call him at 937-935-4887 in MtVictory, OH.
Semper Fi
FRAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 9:28am
Hi I have taken the 1894s a part they are tricky . your 1894 dose not shoot goods is because if you look at the barrel it is smaller at the front of the gun then the back. so after years of being if the fired position the plunger   forms to the smaller size.  JIM  COPLEN CAN FIX THE GUN OR YOU CAN GET THE PART FROM HIM 520 207 8188 IF YOU TAKE IT APART TAKE PICTURE AS YOU  ARE DOING IT. BECAUSE THERE IS ON SPRING ON THE RIGHT SIDE THAT YOU WELL WANT TO REMIMBER WHERE IT GOS   
JOHN A BROWN
Greg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 6:17am
I got a manual, took it apart, put it together WRONG and ended up selling it. Hard to fix this model
2BB or not 2BB
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 10:37am
If anyone is looking for an expert airgunsmith that can restore, repair and tune a Daisy Model 1894 BB Gun, check out Dennis Baker of Air Gun Repair, baker19711@yahoo.com or call him at 937 935 4887. 

I have eighteen Model 1894s (which includes the 30-30 Buffalo Bill Scout and the "Crafted by Daisy" Sears variations; he has restored/repaired 6 of them and currently has a 7th in progress.

I acquired many of the 18 via lot purchases because I was interested in a different specimen so the surplus has accumulated, and since I am somewhat anal about having inoperable guns around I send them to Dennis as long as they are economically repairable. 

If anyone is interested in purchasing one of my surplus Model 1894s message me at Clfmustang@aol.com.
Semper Fi
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazthespazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 4:21pm
Here's a link to download the repair manual:

http://rapidshare.com/files/373685988/1894_Manual.docx
olegert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olegert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 9:05am
new to forum. please excuse any errs! would like to obtain model 1894 manual. can you help? thanx,eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic