Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB Daisy plunger spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB Daisy plunger spring
    Posted: December-22-2016 at 11:18pm
I'm looking for a Daisy plunger spring, the thing is I don't know what model it came in! The specs are:
  • 0.095” wire diameter
  • 0.720” spring OD
  • 7-7/8” free length
  • 25 coils

I didn't take these measurements, so it's possible they may be off a little. The spring was described as being from a 1940s Daisy. I suspect this is a guess, but maybe it's correct?

Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2016 at 7:49am
I'm confused. You need a plunger spring but have no idea what gun it's for. Why would you need a plunger spring if you don't even have the gun to put it in? Doesn't make any sense to me.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2016 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Tbird Tbird wrote:

I'm confused.
Let me try to clarify.
TL/DR- I want strong spring to use in a new Red Ryder. Really makes no difference what it was in originally as long as the dimensions are similar to above.

The spring was in an auction, the info included the measurements I listed above but the exact Daisy model it came from was unknown- it was listed only as a "Good strong early Daisy spring from 1940's".  It may not be a Daisy spring, but in any event its size will allow it to replace the Daisy lever gun springs I've been working with, and it's quite a bit stronger than current springs. FWIW he had another spring, it was the same as what comes in a mid-'70s Daisy Model 104 and other Daisys from that era, so he did have at least one Daisy spring.

The reason I'm looking for such a spring is I'm in the process of modifying a couple non-collectable Daisy BB guns to make them into accurate, flatter shooting versions. Details HERE. At this point, I've reached the practical limit of what can be done using new production Red Ryder/Model 105/Model 10, etc. plunger assemblies so I'm looking for a few Daisy parts from the earlier years that are better suited to my goals. The spring in question is such a part.

That help?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic