Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB Red Ryder band w/worn off copper plating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 6:11pm
That turned out good, it looks natural.  It looks like it was taken care and cleaned over the years but got a few coffee stains on it.  But not too bright that it looks like it was replated.
Ride and Have Fun
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 7:16pm
Thanks. Funny thing is, it would have been a breeze if I was going for a nice polished look. 

A collector with any experience will know right away that the band isn't an original but just the same I'm adding a note under the forearm saying that the original band was missing when the gun came to me and when this band was added.  I don't intend to ever get rid of it but after I'm dead and gone it might matter. 
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 8:38pm
Wow, that is impressive. I don't have a way to tell what the fps is on my 1940 Red Ryder but maybe another member will jump in with the info on their early RR. Al
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 9:18pm
One quick and dirty test is to shoot the bottom of a steel tin can at point blank with the can on a solid surface. Don't rest the muzzle on the can, an inch away is fine. I use a lot of Del Monte canned goods so those are what I use. The thickness is around 0.0085". If the BB splits the metal, you're around 320 fps. If it fully pierces the bottom it's around 400 fps. Obviously use eye protection and keep away from windows, pets, kids, et cetera.
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2018 at 10:33pm
I wrote that down and will use that test as soon as I can find a can. Thanks, Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic