Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Shot tube retainer spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Shot tube retainer spring
    Posted: April-09-2019 at 6:33am
Does anyone have one or more of the little springs that sit at the end of the shot tube and which keep BB's seated prior to shooting?  I have a Daisy enthusiast friend in the UK who needs some (2-3) and I have told him I would inquire here.  He says that eBay sellers won't make the time to send these to the UK.

Thanks
Be Prepared
swede View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 10:38am
call daisy and buy what you want, when you get them tape them to a piece of cardboard and mail them to your friend.Wink
gordon
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 12:59pm
Thanks for the tip, Swede.  Unfortunately, Daisy doesn't make these anymore.  The new model of shot tube uses a magnet to hold the BB before firing instead of the old-style retaining wire.
Be Prepared
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 1:27pm
I bought several from Daisy last year.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 2:08pm
That's good to know, almyjmoore.  I stand corrected.  That's what I get for assuming, isn't it?????

Do you know the part # by chance?

Thanks for your help.
Be Prepared
swede View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2019 at 3:23pm
call 1-800-713-2479 daisy customer service.Tongue swede
gordon
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2019 at 7:15am
I called Daisy and nice lady there; Shelia, I believe; said that they had sold all the parts for their discontinued items to outside vendors a couple of years ago.  Searched the JG Airguns site and found the springs there. 
Be Prepared
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2019 at 8:05am
I'll look through my records for a part number and the date that I ordered the detent springs. If you can find a good one for a pattern, it is pretty easy to make them with a piece of spring steel wire and needle nose pliers.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2019 at 8:15am
If you could find that part number, that would be great, Almy.  I agree that with a pattern, correct gauge music wire, and some needle nose pliers, making these would be a snap.  
Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic